Twenty Four

Twenty Four

EIGHT MONTHS
A        G       O

Josh and Tyler were in hand in hand, walking down the streets of Columbus, with smiles on their faces. It was Josh's birthday.

It wasn't like something good had just happened, or anything bad. They were just happy in each other's presence. After almost five years together, they both were able to make each other smile and get butterflies in their stomachs.

Tyler turned the corner; Josh right behind him. "I want to show you something." He said, turning slightly so Josh could see that his smile had grown.

"What is it?" Josh chuckled.

"It's a surprise!"

He turned another corner and was in front of Kati's Kafe. What was the surprise? They always went to Kati's Kafe for the past years.

"Close your eyes, Joshua!" Tyler demanded. Josh loved when he got demanding; he thought Tyler looked cute, but then again, Tyler always looked cute.

Josh closed his chocolate eyes. "They're closed."

He could feel Tyler pulling him inside, hearing the bell ring whenever someone opened the door.

"Open them." He heard Tyler's soft and slightly raspy voice that he'd grown to memorize and love.

Opening his eyes, he saw all the workers and all his friends holding a cake and a few presents.

"Happy birthday!" They all shouted, including Tyler.

Josh couldn't stop smiling, no matter how much his brain said to. He turned to Tyler. "You planned all this?" 

"Everything and anything for you. Happy birthday." Tyler said and gave him an admiring kiss on his lips, letting them linger there for a second longer.

He doesn't mean that. Tyler doesn't actually care for you; he pities you. Josh thought but shook off the thought. If Tyler didn't care for him, then why spend five years with him?

He ignored those thoughts too. They didn't matter right now. He tried so hard not to let his anxiety get in the way, especially not today. Not on his birthday.

"Thank you, Tyler." He said then turned to his friends. "Thanks, you guys."