Seven

Seven

LESS THAN TWO
YEARS           AGO

"You look cute today, Ty." Josh smiled down at the familiar brown haired boy.

Tyler immediately noticed that Josh's hair was no longer green, but purple. "You dyed your hair! It's so–"

He cut himself off. He was always so afraid to say too much about the older boy since he was afraid of what he had to say.

Josh stared into the younger boy's eyes, they twinkled almost like he was on the verge of tears maybe. His eyes were always like that. 

"What do you think of my hair?"

"It's... It's p-pretty."

Josh laughed, causing his eyes to crinkle at the sides and his whole face lighting up in delight. His eyes smiled where his lips couldn't seem to find the correct shape through his terribly loud laughter.

"Ty, thanks." He said and wiped away a stray tear that dropped loosely from his small mocha eyes.

"N-No problem."

"Smile for me, please? I love your beautiful smile. I love the way it matches your face and lightens your cheeks. The way you blush when you do it."

Tyler smiled. The boy's eyes and cheeks lightening like Josh said. "Thanks. For everything."

"I should be saying that to you."

Tyler didn't think about Josh's words too much, thinking he'd thank him for bringing such delight and joy to him whenever he was around.

He wished he had.