Barely A Mother - Chapter Twenty-seven

Chapter Twenty-seven

.:Jody:.

I felt a dip in my bed and I was woken up to a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Happy birthday beautiful!" Andrew whispered softly.

I smiled and kissed him once more. What a perfect way to wake up to this world!

It is finally my birthday, finally the day that I'm sixteen, the day when I can see my gorgeous babies once more. This day is going to be perfect, I can already tell!

“What time is it?” I asked groggy from just waking up. Andrew lifted himself up slightly and reached into his pocket to get out his phone, “Eight fifteen.”

I nodded and kissed him once more before attempting to get out of my bed by going over him. As you can guess this didn’t work so I had to stop, move back and let Andrew get up before I could get out of bed. I stood up and kissed him once more before waddling over to my bathroom to get washed. I tried to be quick but I also took my time because I wanted to make myself look wonderful for today.

I got dressed into a summery light pink top with white jeans and with white ballet pumps and my hair in a half up, half down style. As I looked into the mirror I was quite happy with my appearance. I rubbed my hand over my belly once before heading downstairs to greet my family.

“Morning birthday princess!” I dad said as he kissed my cheek, “I’m so sorry hunny but I have to leave for work, like, right now. I promise that we will do our special birthday tradition when I get home. Love you!” I smiled as he left the house in a rush. I love birthdays in this house, we always do our traditional present hunt and sing fest. What happens is that my parents hide all my presents around the house and depending on the weather, the garden, they then send me off to look for them. When I get close to one they will start to sing and when I’m getting closer to one the volume of their singing gets louder. It’s so funny because they are terrible singers… and I mean terrible!

“Sit down darling; I’ve made you your special pancake breakfast!” She said and placed my pancakes with sixteen candles on it. “Oh Andrew would you like some pancakes, I did make them for David but he’s too lazy to get out of bed. No reason why we should waste them!” Andrew smiled and happily took the pancakes. He took hold of the knife and fork and was about to cut into it when they were suddenly taken from him.

“Hey!”

“You snooze you lose!” David called as he ran away back upstairs with the pancakes. “Happy birthday sis!” was the last thing I heard before a door shutting.

I turned my attention back to my pancakes which also had disappeared but luckily for me they were only snatched to the person sitting next to me.

“Andy…” I said giving my best puppy dog expression; I could tell he was thinking about the decision if he should give it back to me. I knew he was about to say ‘no’ when I pulled the only line that could get me what I wanted, “I’m eating for three remember…”

I knew straight away that I had won and so did Andrew, he pushed the pancakes my way and I gratefully dug in.