Barely A Mother - Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

.:Jody:.

Once we finished eating the delicious food that was prepared for tonight, Andrew made me stand up and turn around. I was confused but I did what I was told. He came up behind me and put his hands softly over my eyes, he kissed my neck and told me to trust him and start walking. I tried to ask what was going on but every time I was ‘shh’d’.

I gave up and walked in silence, following the instructions given by Andrew. Of course I tripped over quite a few times but every time Andrew caught me. After a few trips, screams and stops to watch a shooting star cross the sky, we finally stopped properly.

“Open your eyes.” Andrew said softly. I opened them and gasped at the beauty that I was seeing before me.

We were still on the hill but we were looking down on a park which was brightly lit with a bonfire and lots of glowing lanterns. The best thing that I saw was that there was a large screen with lots of couples sitting on blankets surrounding it.

The view we had was outstanding but what was played on the big screen was mind-blowing that I had to stare at Andrew in disbelief. The title of my favourite film came onto the screen: P.S I Love You.

I chucked myself at Andrew, “Thank you, thank you!” He chuckled and hugged me back, he kissed me softly and then sat us down to watch the film, and I snuggled up to him and watched the film wondering what I done to get this amazing boy...

************

It’s been three weeks since my first date with Andrew and it’s been great. We’ve been out on more dates – they weren’t as amazing as the first but still pretty great – and I’ve even gone dress shopping with Dawn and Grace.

Of course they were asked by Sean and Michael and they were absolutely ecstatic from it. Both of them were screaming down the phone to me. On our second date, Andrew did ask me if I would be his date and after a few seconds of hesitations I said yes to him.

The day after the three of us girls went shopping. I chose a light blue long floaty dress. It had a blue sash covering the top section from the bottom and the top part of the dress is covered in sequins. It can either be strapless or not, I haven’t decided yet.

Thankfully the shop owner understood the situation I was in and kept a few sizes back for me and today my mother and I are going to try it on, the prom is only next week.

When we walked into the, shop the lady from before smiled at me, obviously remembering me.

“Hi I reserved some dresses a few weeks ago, could I try them on again please.”

She smiled again, “Of course sweetie. Here you go.” She said and passed them to me.

I thanked her and went to the dressing room with my mother following behind.

I got into a dressing room and took my clothes off and I stared at myself side on in the mirror. I’m eleven weeks pregnant and I’ve got a slight bump, not too big to be noticed yet but defiantly not the size I used to be.