Barely A Mother - Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

.:Jody:.

The walk home seemed to last forever. Every person we past I thought was staring at me and laughing. I was so on edge!

I didn’t talk once, I just listened to Dawn and Grace talking about senior prom that was coming up soon and that they were hoping that Sean and Michael would ask them to be there date. (I actually think the boys will ask them, they seemed to get on well at the sleepover on Saturday… really well!)

I wasn’t sure if I’d go to prom if Andrew asked me. It’s in a month’s time so I’d be twelve weeks pregnant by then and I’ll probably have a baby bump. It will be really annoying, and I have no chance of getting a dress that fitted, unless I got it a few days before and knowing my luck there wouldn’t be any beautiful ones to make me feel special against Andrew.

“What do you think Jody?” Grace asked me.

I stared at her blankly; I had no idea what she asked me. Mega oops!

“Dress shopping. Sometime soon. Well only if we get asked.” Dawn replied for Grace.

I shook my head, “I don’t know how big I’ll be by then. What if I get a dress now and then it doesn’t fit at all by the time prom comes around?” The girls looked at each other, probably deciding what to do (they have that annoying ability!). That’s when Dawn smiled; she came up with an idea.

“Don’t worry about it Jody, we’ll go looking for the perfect dress and when we find it we can reserve loads of different sizes. That means when the prom comes closer we can buy the one which fits best.”

I stared at them and then pounced onto them, giving them a massive hug.

“That’s a great idea guys, thanks.” I said to them bursting into tears. Don’t ask me where these came from because I have no idea! The girls started to panic and rapidly asked what the matter was. It was actually really funny seeing them like this. I smiled and they realised that I was joking and that they were happy tears.

“You scared us there Jody!” Exclaimed Grace.

“I know!” I said grinning. We all looked at each other again and burst out laughing. I’m not sure what’s funny but we didn’t care, this is a normal routine for us.

The walk home started with me being on edge, and finished with all of us girls laughing like loonies, not caring who’s looking at us. This is why these two girls are my best friends!

When we got to my house, it was empty.

We were going to do a cry fest where we would watch sad movies and eat ice cream, but because I wasn’t upset anymore I suggested another idea.

“Why don’t we have a movie marathon instead of the cry fest?” The girl’s heads nodded and they headed off in different directions.