Barely A Mother - Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

.:Jody:.

There was a knock on the door symbolising that the seven minutes were up.

Andrew and I broke away from the kiss.  Pulling away made my heart ache, it really did. I knew now once we leave this cupboard we would be going back to the normal routine of just being friends.

“I guess we better go then.” Andrew said his voice husky from the making out we were doing just then. I nodded sadly.

“I don’t want to go!” I blurted out; I could already feel my cheeks burning up. Andrew gave me a sad smile.

“I know Jody, I know.” He said whilst stepping closer to me and ran a hand through my hair.

“Come on.” He said and took my hand and pulled me out of the cupboard. I stopped still and stared at our hands in one another’s. Andrew grinned at my reaction.

“Jody, I want to be with you. These past few weeks with you have been amazing, you’re amazing! I guess I’ve only just realised it, Jody… I-I think I’ve fallen for you.” I stood there shocked, am I dreaming? Andrew kissed me gently on the lips. I defiantly wasn’t dreaming you can’t make up something to feel like that!

I nodded and got out a whispered ‘yes’ because I bet he wanted an answer to the confession he just made to me about his feelings. He gave a laugh and grinned like an idiot. My idiot now!

He picked me up and spun me around, I gave a giggled scream. I was so happy right now!

“Hurry up you two, the rest of us didn’t get extra time!” Michael shouted to us. We laughed and headed to the living room, hand in hand.

When we entered the living room the girls squealed and the boys looked at them like they were freaks. I don’t think the boys realised we were holding hands like the girls did.

We went and sat down, I sat next to Andrew. He didn’t want that so he pulled me onto his lap.

“Ohh.” Said all three of the boys, I think they know now!

“Come on let’s play!” Grace said, reaching for the bottle. I didn’t want to play now, I was perfectly happy sitting on Andrews lap.

“Do we have to, can’t we talk or something. I’m happy with what I’m doing now.” I asked them snuggling up to Andrew. They all nodded and a grin came upon Michael’s face.

“I’ll take Grace up for the or something please!” he said cheekily whilst touching Grace’s bare leg.

Grace giggled like a schoolgirl, she was joined by Dawn after Sean said “I’ll take Dawn up for the or something as well!” which was soon followed by Andrew saying “I’ll take Jody up for it as well!” before kissing the top of my head.

No! No one is doing anything!” David’s annoyed expression aiming for me and Andrew mostly.

We stared at him and then we burst into laughter. David crossed his arms and went into a huff, which made us laugh even more.

This was a good night so far! It carried on being good as we sat there talking about anything. The boys normally talked about rude stuff and college while we girls talked about shopping (of course) and how fit the boys were, of course they butted in at that point saying we were so true! The main topic that we talked about was my sixteenth birthday and what I wanted to do for it. To be honest I don’t really care, I’m not one for big parties and I don’t have any friends apart from the ones sat here at the moment. I think I made a mistake, I said that they could surprise me… this birthday is going to be rubbish for me!

We were talking about cakes for my birthday when we heard the front door slam shut, I clung myself to Andrews shirt. The boys started to get up and slowly headed out of the living room. They stopped still when they heard crying… my mum's crying to be exact.

I jumped up and ran to the door, followed by everyone else.

“Mum what’s the matter?” I asked worriedly.

She looked up at me with tears running down her face and eyes raw red. It’s clear that she has been crying a lot!

“I-It’s your father,” Oh god no, he isn’t hurt is he please don’t be hurt dad! “H-he’s been cheating on m-me!” She started crying once again. Sean disappeared and returned with a box of tissues, he handed them to my mum. She yanked a tissue out the box and blew her nose loudly. Eww I hate it when people do that!

I-I can’t believe dad would cheat on mum. I thought they were really loved up… I guess not! Why though, I really don’t get it mum is beautiful why would you want to be with another women when you have her. Why?! Why does this have to happen to my family? Why can’t we be normal where the parents love each other and are happy and aren’t disappointed in their pregnant daughter?

Mum was finally calming down and was only sniffling now “I-I saw your dad k-kissing him!” Oh my god that must have been terrible seeing the love of your life kissing another wom- Wait she said, oh my god she said my dad was kissing another man!

“Wait another man? That can’t be right, can it?” I said looking up at David who was the only one still there; I think the others went in the other room to give us privacy. He gave me a sad smile.

“I’m sorry Jody, if that’s what mum saw then it’s got to be true.” He said softly to me.

I sat away from mum and leaned against the wall and started to cry. That’s what I did for the next hour or so until Andrew came over to me and stroked a tear from my face.

“Come on babe; let’s go to bed you must be exhausted.” I looked at him and nodded. I tried to get up but I just couldn’t. Andrew saw me struggling and bent down and carried me into the living room which had everyone fast asleep dotted around the room. Andrew placed me down on the blow-up bed and laid next to me.

“Sleep now.” He whispered to me and kissed my forehead.

I cuddled up to him and fell asleep thinking to myself: Why couldn’t I be normal?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy sorry it took awhile to write this, please forgive me xD I hope you enjoyed! Please tell me what you think!

I decided to dedicate this chapter to ilovehimsomuch because of all the support she's given me by commenting on a lot of my chapters! Thank youu x

 Thank you for the support!