Barely A Mother - Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

.:Jody:.

Two weeks later

These past couple of weeks have been great; Andrew and I have been hanging out with each other quite a lot recently. Even though it’s mostly been to do with the baby, it’s been nice to be in his company. I actually think I’ve fallen for him even more! One night we even fell asleep on the sofa together, we woke up in the morning cuddled up together and I had my head resting on his shoulder. That morning was really awkward and embarrassing but I was as happy as you can be.

When talking about the baby we made up our minds on a few things, we finally decided the baby was going to look like both of us and not just Andrew (in my case), we arranged that the baby would stay at my house in the week but Andrew will sometimes take it when I don’t feel up to it and then Andrew will have the baby on the weekends, but we did say the other person can always come and see him/her. At the moment our parents are going to pay for everything baby related but me and Andrew might have jobs by the time the baby is born so we’ll take care of ourselves.

We even talked about names for the baby, mine were Cassie for a girl and James for a boy. Andrews were Emily for a girl and Carson for a boy. I know it’s going to be so hard to choose a name when the time comes, we don’t even know if it’s going to be a girl or boy yet.

I don’t know why we are talking so much about the baby, I’m around six weeks pregnant and I haven’t even got a bump yet but I’m not going to complain, if it means I can spend more time with Andrew I’m happy.

As I’ve been hanging out with Andrew a lot I’ve got to admit, I’ve haven’t been a great friend to Dawn and Grace. I’ve barely spoken to them recently even in lessons I haven’t talked to them, and I’ve got to admit I feel really bad about it.

That’s why I decided to invite them over for a sleepover on Saturday. We’re going to stay up so late talking about boys, the latest gossip and we’ll eat as much junk food as we like! Even though it’s nice talking to Andrew, it’ll be good talking to the girls for a change.

 Saturday evening

The week past like past weeks. Andrew and I met up after school and just talked again and school went pretty normally, the biggest change was me and the girls talked more (I know it should have happened before but I sort of pushed them away, I still don’t know why).

The best moment this week was at lunch me, Dawn and Grace were sat on the table in a comfortable silence, I guess Grace didn’t want there to be silence as she just came out with ‘If you start talking to the beer bottle you are drunk. If the beer bottle talks back you are wasted.’ And with that we just burst out laughing and throughout the day we started to laugh because someone mentioned something about lunch and then we would laughed even more because people gave us strange looks.

That was the best day at school I’ve had in a while!

Its Saturday evening now and the girls will be coming over in a bit. My parents are working AGAIN; I swear they’ve taken up more work shifts because they don’t want to spend time with me…heck they don’t even want to look at me when I do see them! Their disappointed in me, or they hate me, one of the two.