Barely A Mother - Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

.:Jody:.

“I went to see Andrew today.” I told him, which seemed to get his full attention.

I think he knew then that something happened that wasn’t good because he was starting to get edgy.

It has just dawned on me that I’m going to have to tell him everything and knowing David, he’s going to get really mad and when he gets mad I have no idea what to do with him. Will I tell him everything even my awkward encounter with Andrews mum? Or will I miss out bits and pieces like the part where I talked to his mother?

All these thoughts were going through my head and I completely forgot David sitting there on the end of my bed. He had this bored look on his face. Whoops I think I left him sitting there for a while.

“Oh sorry I completely forgot you were there. Why didn’t you say something?” It’s weird; normally he would have said something.

“You looked like you were thinking about something pretty intensely so I let you decide what you’re going to tell me. Oh and I know when you’re lying so don’t miss pieces out ok?” I nodded. Was I that easy to read? I better tell him everything if he knows me that well.

“Ok fine. I went to Andrews’s house and decided to just tell him when he opened the door; I heard the door open and just said it. I didn’t even open my eyes to see if it was actually him or not. Well it wasn’t, it was his mum. She looked shocked and told me to come in, she said I needed to explain but I really didn’t want to but after a while I got annoyed and just snapped at her telling her I was pregnant.” I paused to see if David was still listening and he was because he nodded his head to say carry on. “I heard a floor board squeak and I turned round to see a confused Andrew. I don’t think he heard what I said to his mum, I just think he was confused to why I was there. Anyway there was a silence and finally Andrews’s mother left. He asked me what I just said to his mum and that’s when I told him, of course I said it much nicer than how I said it to his mum but he still went into shock. A bang got him out of his trance and then he started to shout and say horrible things like I was a ‘immature bitch’ and that I was ‘sick and twisted’ for making something like that up. I told him that we wouldn’t be in this mess if he didn’t have a one night’s stand with me. He didn’t like that and started shouting but this time he…” I paused I didn’t want to tell David this part; I knew he was going to get angry at this. David was waiting patiently but I knew he wanted me to carry on so I did but a bit fast “HepushedmedownandItoldhimhewasajerkandthenIranhomecrying.”

David had a confused look on his face when he was trying to work out what I said but he couldn’t so he asked me.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing” I replied but he gave me a look as if to say tell me or else I’ll get mad at you, so I told him.

“He pushed me down and I told him he was a jerk and then I ran home crying.” I told him, not looking into his eyes.

That asshole! (Author: Sorry about the language) I’m going to kill him! How dare he push you, what if you hurt the baby! And he didn't believe you! He's known you long enough to know that you don't lie!” He said most of that to me but then he said in a quiet deep voice that scared me to death “Watch your back Andrew Marks your dead meat!”

I needed to convince him out of it because I was truly scared he was going to hurt Andrew. Even though Andrew hurt my feelings I don’t want him hurt, I still have feeling for him.

David stood up and started to walk to the door. I threw back the covers and pretty much fell out of bed because I was in such a rush to get David to stop. I stumbled up and ran in front of David and put my hands on his chest to stop him.

He still carried on walking and I walked backwards. I forgot that we were on the second floor and the only way down was the stairs. We were coming up to the stairs and I lost my footing.

I was falling.

My life was rushing past my eyes. Me when I was seven at the park, having the best day of my life with my family. Me when I saw Andrew for the first time when I was ten. I even saw when David kicked a football and it hit me in the face, knocking out a baby tooth when I was nine. My whole life, it seemed to short. I’m going to die at fifteen, I know it.

But I felt a hand grab me before I fell. The hand was attached to a very shocked and still angry David. I thought I was going to die I really did. I burst into tears and David brought me into a hug.

He picked me up and carried me back to my room and placed me in my bed.

“Shhh its ok. Your fine.” He said while stroking my hair. He sat with me for a while but left when I said I was tired. I didn’t realise he might go to Andrews and hurt him.

 .:David:. (Before saving Jody from falling)

 “Watch your back Andrew Marks your dead meat!” I said and stood up and started to walk out Jody’s room.

I heard Jody’s breathing speed up, she was worried and scared. Jody fell out of her bed. I couldn’t help her I needed to hit Andrew; it’s the only way I was going to calm down.

Jody came and stood in front of me; I stopped for a split second but soon carried on walking with Jody walking backwards in front of me.

All I could think about was how much Andrew is a jerk and how much I’m going to hurt him for hurting my little sister. This was all I cared about at this minute, I didn’t even realise that Jody was still walking backwards and that we were heading to the stairs until it was too late.

She was falling. It felt like life was going in slow motion. Thankfully I had quick reactions because of the football I do; I grab her hand quickly and pull her into my chest.

She stood there shocked for a few seconds and then I think it dawned on her what just happened and she hugged me tight crying. I knew then that I wasn’t going to Andrews in a hurry.

I picked Jody up and carried her into her bedroom and put her into bed. I was thinking about leaving but Jody grasped hold of my t-shirt saying she want me to stay with her.

“Shhh its ok. Your fine.” I told her stroking her hair to calm her down. I sat with her for about half an hour until she said she was tired and so I went.

I left the house, heading to Andrew's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Please tell me what you think!

Thank you for your support!