Baby baby [chapter 12 - part 1]

Baby Baby chapter 12 - part one

"Hold on, baby, we're almost there" Ryan cried as I squeezed his hand in pain, screaming as twinges of juddering pain shot through my whole body. My waters had broken about half an hour ago and now we were in the back of an ambulance and I feel like dying right now.

Nothing important has happened since the scare at my scan, just a serious of scans, my 15th birthday, I'm getting fatter and fatter by the minute, Ryan's dad got life and both Sarah and Ryan have refused to visit him and doing all my school work from home as, obviously I can't go into school, I need to pee every few minutes, I can barely walk with the amount of swelling around my ankles and I don't quite think I'd fit behind a desk.

How come no one told me how painful it would be when I opted for a natural birth a few weeks ago, sod that, I need drugs, a lot of them! I shut my eyes as another contraction set in, each was barely distinguishable from the before, they were beginning to all merge into one. I heard the ambulance doors burst open at the back and the feeling of cold air rush through the ambulance.

I then felt the movement of being pushed along a concrete floor, then up a ramp onto the smooth lino of the hospital. I could hear the sound of Ryan's running feet and his hard sharp breaths next to me, and feel his fingers wound round my own.

I let out another piercing scream and heard my mum, who had come up to the hospital with Sarah's mum and must have got more than a few speeding tickets, rush up beside me and take my hand. "Who's your birth partner honey?" a sweet nurse's voice asked me. "Can we all come in?" my mum asked her, replying for me.

"Well, it's supposed to be only 2 at maximum, but I suppose you could all come in, just this once" she answered winking at me when I opened my eyes, only to shut them again and clasp at my stomach as another wave of unbearable pain hit me. The last thing I remember hearing was the sound of doors swinging and then opened my eyes to find myself in a hospital gown on a hospital bed, swallowed in hurt.

"I need to push!" were the next words to force themselves out of my mouth as I felt a desperate need to push my baby out. I felt warm doctor's hands and cold sharp pricks of instruments pricking at my skin. "Okay, she's diluted enough" I heard a strong male voice call out followed by a sickening female voice telling me I'm ready and to push now.

"Okay, honey, at the next contraction I need you to push as hard as you can." I looked at Ryan and squeezed his hand taking in his loving eyes and sea-green face and then towards my mum and Sarah, who sat on the other side of me, looking over their encouraging smile and felt my mums hand tighten around my other hand.

A scream escaped my mouth and I heard the nurse speak in a calming hushed tone towards me, "Okay honey I need you to push in 3, 2, 1, now." I pushed with all my might and felt as if I was going to die right there, the pain was so unbearable I wished I could die, it was like pushing a water melon out of your pelvis. More screams forced out through my lips and I caught a glimpse of Ryan, who looked as if he were about to be sick.

The grip on the hand Ryan was holding suddenly loosened and I turned just in time to see him stumble backwards and hit the floor. "Ryan?" I cried out between screams. A moment later I felt his hand grip mine again and his soothing voice said, "It's okay Rell, keep going baby, your doing great."

The next voice I heard was that of the doctors, "Okay, honey, your almost there, just one more big push." I felt exhausted, like I couldn't do anything any longer. I barely had the energy to breath let alone push. "I can't" I exclaimed exhausted. "Honey, you have to, for your baby."

For my baby, I had to do this, unless I wanted my baby to die, I can do it. And with that thought I pushed, and pushed, and pushed. I felt as if I were about to faint and with one last final push I heard the beautiful cry of a little miracle, my baby. "It's a girl" my mum cried.

I slumped back into the bed, exhaustion forcing my eyes closed, but I couldn't let them shut now, I had to see my daughter. I was a mother! I craned my tired neck up and saw Ryan's eyes glow with love and pride as he gazed at what must have been her. I looked up at the nurse and then my eyes travelled down to see her.

She was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen; she was so small, so fragile, so pretty. I stretched my arms out and the nurse placed her in them and I held her to my chest, she instantly stopped wailing and opened her striking bright, pure green eyes and stared into me. I felt my heart grow with love and Ryan climb up on the bed next to me, placing one arm around me and using the other to stroke her cheek gently. "My baby, my daughter" he choked out, tears of pure joy escaping his eyes.

[a/n i know i havent written in ages, i am so so sorry!! i have been swamped by course work and exam revision. The next part of this chapter shall be in ryans POV. Please vote and comment....... and i cant believe i have so many fans now.... i love you all very muchly <3 xoxo]