Chapter 10: My Fiance

*My Fiance*

In my house

“Oh thanks you finally got home.” she uttered in a hurry tone but stopped as she looked at my shirt “What happened to your shirt?” 

“Don't mind it anyway, I go get new clothes.” I said then climbed up to my room.

*Pfft – pfft – pfft*

I heard the horn of my Dad’s car. Sounds so weird but I did know my dad's.

Then it came out of my mind that were here; the future husband of mine. Please note the sarcasm.

I immediately changed my clothes into a dress. Now I’m wearing fuchsia pink above the knee dress.

Yeah as you can see, my favorite color is fuchsia pink.

I went down then I saw them with a woman, I think she was Auntie Damiel but she looked like in her 30’s while my parents were in their 40’s. Auntie Damiel was so skinny and white but the best way to describe her was a pale woman.

“My dear.” as mom called me and motioned to come beside her.

“Mom.” I dryly said then kissed her also my dad.

“Hilary dear, meet your Auntie Damiel.” Mom introduced her best friend to me and I also kissed her to her cheeks. I was startled whne my lips touched her skin. She was as cold as ice. Did her country way back made her skin felt like that?

“Hilary, you are a gorgeous young lady.” Auntie Damiel compliment me using her some Europian accent. I smiled a thankful one.

“Shall we sit first ladies?” Dad asked us while then he chuckled then they chuckled as if that was funny. I shrugged. I really couldn't understand the 'meaning' of humor in oldish.

As we made our sit then they started to talk about the never ending how are you and how's life back in US until the tpoic was now about me and my fiance. Where is he by the way?

“So Hilary, you know about the wedding thing?” Auntie Damiel asked me while smiling. I felt something from her like she was creepy and I don’t know but something wrong. Yeah definitely wrong even his accent made me shiver. She was like just woke up from a coffin. So old and cold.

“Yeah.” I answered and smiled. 

“Great!” She said happily. I was so bored right now. 

After the long whatever talk, they had this 'oldish' topic that made me out of place.

Oh bored strikes me again. What to do now? Where is he? I at least have a buddy here to talk to.

I yawned when they brought back about the fiancé/fiancée thingy again.

I was wishing that he was here instead so that while the old people were talking I also have one. I was all alone. 

My sub-conscious started to ask me where is he or what is his name. But I’m not interested so why should I ask about it? Arg! I’m really bored. I got my iPod then just played with my pet Pau while blasting the song of Paramore's Use somebody.  

“Sorry dear if Cody was not here but I’ll try to call him again. That young man was so hard to please.” I heard Auntie Damiel said.

“Cody?” I murmured but I think they heard me because they were all staring at me right now like I did something bad. What? I wrote on my face, not literal.

“Yes my princess. Your fiance is Cody, Cody Javien to be exact.” My dad said wearing his confused look. They were about to have their own topic again when I stood up.

“I remembered his name!” Right! He was the one who was on the announcement thingy. Cody Javien.

Auntie Damiel laughed. My hair on my neck stood up. Her laugh was way so scary.“I know that expression of yours and you’re right, about the announcement thingy, I was the one who was on that back and I just wanted them to know that you already have a fiancé but I’m wrong coz your school is for girls only so why I bothered right?” She laughed again. My parents joined her laughed but I didn't. 

“I see.” I murmured before i decided to take my seat.

“Don’t tell him about that, okay? That was our first secret my dearest daughter-in-law.” Auntie Damiel said then they laughed again. 

OH! How I want to escape this place right now. I want to go somewhere just anywhere but here.