CHAPTER xxvi

a/n: i did not proofread...sorry

Onika's POV

Onika's POV

"How many nigga? We don't have time for your dramatic ass pauses and shit," Kehlani yelled at the lawyer.

"Four years, four but who knows? With good behavior she can get out in three and a half."

"So basically four years then?" Zendaya sighed.

"Yes basically," Mr. Livingstein said rubbing his face in frustration, "Robyn Fenty-Carter may have helped me put my oldest kid through college but damn it does it bother me how misbehaved she can be."

"Same," we all chorused.

"Well at least its only four years, her ass could've gotten life. I can deal with four years, we can deal with four years. Right?" Aubrey asked trying to sound optimistic.

"Yeah, you're right for once Aubrey," Bey agreed, while attempting to readjust a sleeping Blue while not waking her up.

"Oh and the judge posted a bail for her at $270,000, she has a month to get her affairs in order before she is to report to prison or she will be considered a wanted fugitive."

Bey was already heading to pay for it while reaching for her checkbook.

"And trust me, we'll make sure that she's there even if we have to knock her ass out and drag her there ourselves," I finally spoke up.

"Well, I gotta get going," he waved goodbye and left, leaving the rest of the group standing there.

"Nic, I should probably get you home anyway before ya mama tear that ass up," Aubrey chuckled lightly, swinging his car keys around on his pointer finger.

I nodded, hugging everyone bye.

The car ride was silent, we both had a lot on our minds. I was losing my girlfriend, the love of my life and Aubrey was gonna have to say bye to someone he looked at like a sister. Things were undoubtedly gonna change, and none of us were ready for that.

"Its gonna be okay, Nic... We just need to cherish this time we have with her right now and be grateful that she's just going to see a cell and not a coffin. We're gonna make the best of this month then work our asses off these next four years so Forehead can have something good to come home to. Aight?"

I giggled at his goofiness, only he could find something to joke about in a time like this.

"Aight," I responded, bumping his outstretched fist.

I arrived home and much to my surprise neither of my parents gave me much flack about leaving and ignoring their calls and messages.

Maybe they finally took some sympathy on me when they saw the solemn look on my face, my cheeks burned red and I'm sure my eyes were rimmed with pink because of the tears that threatened to fall.