Chapter-8 Is This Normal?

Danny's POV

Because of the event that happened last night, I was being forced to stay the night at the Salvatore's. Not my idea. I'm an original and I obviously can't be killed by anyone especially Klaus.

But oh well, it was nice that they were caring. Even though I hadn't know them for a while. When we were all together I knew I was the odd one out. They were nice and tried to pull me into the conversation.

Anyways. I escaped the boarding house for a quick second and went to my apartment to get clothes and necessities.

I walked into my room and locked the door behind me.

I grabbed a dress, two skinny jeans, a skirt, and about four random shirts. I closed my closet door and heard the sound of thunder that almost made me jump.

I walked over too the window and saw that the sky was dark and grey. The clouds were moving fast and you could hear all the thunder and rain that was about to begin.

These are my favorite type of days. I love the smell of rain and the sound of thunder after the lightning. Every time it happens, wherever I am, I always waste my time watching the whole storm.

I walked downstairs and out the front doors of the building. The rain hit my face, there was no wind. Perfect.

My hair was already slightly damp and I felt hydrated.

I made it to my car and threw my clothes in the back seat. I put my hand on the front car door, an just stood there letting every drop of rain hit me. It was cold and warm, and it smelt amazing. Everything looked too green but it was perfect. Moments like this make me want to live forever so I can see the next storm.

After finally being drenched in the rain, I heard someone step in a puddle behind me.

"Every time it rains I think of you." I heard the voice say from behind me, knowing who it was. Klaus.

"Every time it rains I think of the rain, not you." I turned around and smiled, I leaned onto the back of my car.

Klaus looked down to the ground, scrambling for his next words. We were both drenched.

"If you were in my position, you'd do the same." He looked up getting defensive.

"You know I'm in the same position, and I'm not doing anything about it." I said hinting at a secret only we know.

"Fine, lets leave. Together. I never really liked Mystic Falls anyway." He held out his hand and smiled. I knew he was lying, he would still go through with breaking the curse and killing people.

"Not today Klaus. I'm sorry." I turned around to open my car door, I was feeling awful on such a beautiful day.

I turned to open the door and I saw his sad reflection in the car window. I got into the car without being interrupted this time. I looked to my left and saw he was gone. I felt my eyes start to tear up but I held it in. I slammed by hands repeatedly on the steering wheel and accidentally hit the horn a few times earning a few looks. I ignored them and started the car, driving back to the Boarding House.

I drove over the bridge and was in complete silence, except for the rain hitting the car and ground. Is this normal? Is this okay? What am I doing? Did I make the wrong choice? Should I leave?

I didn't want to think of this right now. I wanted to listen to the rain while it lasted. I parked my car in front of the house and grabbed my things, taking as much time as I wanted walking to the house to savior the rain.

I opened the door to find that nobody was here. Then I remembered hearing something about going to a party at the grill. I used my vampire speed to throw my bags of things into a random room and run back down to the main floor. I quickly ran and opened all of the huge windows and watched the rain and listened to the sounds of thunder. I smiled to myself.

I walked over to the alcohol cabinet and grabbed some of their bourbon. About to drink with the sound of rain.

~*~

A house by myself, no more rain, and an empty bottle of bourbon later, I was lying upside down on the couch swinging my legs up into the air. All this alcohol and I wasn't even close to feeling a tiny bit of a buzz. I spun around and got up to get another drink, but spinning to fast caused me to spill alcohol all over my outfit.

I groaned and slowly walked up the stairs to look for a room. I put my hair up in a bun and opened the first door on the right. It was a very dark room with nothing in it. It looks like nobody lives in this room.

I shrugged and walked to find the shower. I opened up the door in the room and made my way to the shower, grabbing my bag, a towel, and a washcloth.

~*~

After being in the shower for a half an hour, I got out and chaged clothes. I put on a blue skirt with a plain white, v-neck shirt. I put on my converse high tops and went back downstairs to see if anyone came back yet.

I jumped down the last step to see that it was exactly the same as I had left it. Why am I here to protect people when I have no idea where anybody is.

I walked to the front door to look for people at the grill. I opened the door and ran into somebody, I looked up and saw that the person I ran into was Damon. He looked down at me and smirked. I smiled back. I looked around him to find the whole group behind him with a crying woman in Elena's arms. I looked at them with a confused face.

I opened the door wider so they could all walk in. Damon was the last person to walk in and he took the door and closed it. We both looked at each other and said in unison, "What happened?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I'm glad you all like the story. I know nothing major happened in this chapter. I will be posting more often. Sorry for being gone for so long. Stuff. Well hopefully the next chapter will be 100x's better. Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas for what should happen I would LOVE to hear them. Thanks. BYE

-Sydnneyanne xoxo