Chapter-4 It's Been So Long

Damon's POV

I woke up on my bed and remembered what had happened. That Danny girl had not been able to be compelled and was some sort of supernatural creature. I went over to my drawer and opened the last one. It was full of stakes. I went downstairs and used my vampire speed to walk around the living room where everyone was and went to the other side. I saw her. Danny. She was sitting on a chair and was saying how she could fix our problems. What does she know?

I didn't bother to get to know her before this happened. I walked up slowly behind her and shoved a stake through her heart. She stopped talking and turned around to see me. I smiled. Her body turned grey. She slowly fell to the floor.

"Damon. She was going to help us!" Elena yelled at me as usual.

"She snapped my neck. I don't care, Elena." I said as I walked around the chair picking up Danny's body. "Now if you don't mind I'm going to put her in the basement. I don't feel like burying any bodies."

"She knew about Klaus." Stefan said as he got up and started walking towards me.

"Stefan. Again. I don't care. She would have probably turned on us anyway." I said and motioned for Stefan to open the basement door for me.

"Well. Thank you for ruining any chances for us to all come out of this okay." He turned around and walked away.

I carried Danny's body downstairs and laid her on the floor next to another body that was dead but also not.

Danny's POV

I could feel my body slowly coming back to life. My body wasn't grey anymore. That's good but I was going to rip that heart out of Damon Salvatore. I took out my phone and saw that is was almost midnight on the same day. I put my phone away and just laid there. Thinking of what to do next.

I looked over to my right and saw that these people were growing vervain. Smart. But it doesn't affect me so I got up and ripped out the plants. When I was finished there was no more growing. I turned around and I almost cried. A body was on the floor. Someone I hadn't seen for over 300 years. Elijah.

Elijah and I had been best friends since the beginning. We had always stayed in touch. Until his family or brother had gotten unbearable. That's when I left them. But I never wanted to leave Elijah.

I walked over to his body and looked at him. He still looked the same. His hair was still amazing and he still looked trustworthy. Ugh. I missed him. I finally came back into reality and noticed his clothes were burnt and he had a dagger sticking out if his heart. I gasped. I reached down without thinking and pulled out the dagger. I was going to kill the Salvatore Brothers. I say down by Elijah and wanted for him to come back to life.

I've been sitting here for a couple of hours. It was now 5 o'clock in the morning. I looked back at Elijah. I noticed his hand move. I got closer to him. Suddenly he shot up and breathed in heavily. His face was finally going back to normal. He looked at me. And looked really confused. "Danny? What are you? How are you? Where am I?" I put my finger up to my mouth and made a shhh sound. I tapped my ear and pointed up to the house where everyone was at. I pointed at the stairs and motioned for him go go up there.

As he used his vampire speed to go up there and I was about to leave when I saw the dagger on the floor. I picked it up and put it in my back pocket. I walked slowly upstairs and heard no movement. I looked to my right and saw Elijah standing outside the front door waiting for me. I quickly walked over there and finally got outside the door.

We kept walking and Elijah grabbed my arm and took me to a familiar house. The Lockwoods'. We walked up to the front door and went to knock as soon as the door opened. Carol was standing there ready to leave.