Chapter-7 Waking Up

I woke up in an old apartment, lying on a couch, with a massive headache. Someone must have know I was an original because it takes a lot of vervain to hurt me that bad.

I tried to lift my head but brought it down just as fast. A rush of pain just overcame me. I let out a silent gasp of air.

I opened my eyes and started to look at my surroundings. There was an old chair, a kitchen and a dresser. All in one room, definitely a cheap apartment.

I looked over and saw somebody staring at me. Awkward. I sat up in pain and groaned, "What are you looking at?"

The girl said back in an annoyed tone,"Just an original who has a whole lot of problems."

From the voice, I already knew who it was. "My god Katerina, you're still alive. What joy."

I sat up and put my hand on my head in pain.

"Still alive for now." I noticed she said that in an uncomfortable tone.

I didn't really care, I never really liked Katherine anyways.

I heard the door open, but didn't bother to see who it was. The smell and the look on Katerina's face told me. Klaus.

Damon's POV

I woke up to the sun in my eyes and to the sound of the front door closing. I ran downstairs to see Stefan start to make food and Elena sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Well isn't this one happy family. Food and stuff. We almost look normal." I said smiling. For some reason I was in a good mood.

"We need to get Danny to come over here more often." She smiled at me, obviously not that mad anymore.

"Ha ha. Speaking of Danny, has anyone seen her today?" I said feeling a spark when I said her name. Weird.

"Umm. I haven't heard from her." Stefan said as he put the eggs onto a plate.

"Neither have I. She might be with Elijah." Elena said staying positive.

"Yeah, maybe. I'm gonna call to make sure."

I walked off into the next room and pulled out my phone. I scrolled to Elijah and pushed call.

He answered after the third ring.

"Damon." Elijah said through the phone.

"Elijah, have you seen Danny at all since last night?" I asked.

"Sorry Damon, no I haven't. Is everything alright?"

"When I find Danny I'll tell you." With that I hung up and walked back into the kitchen to talk about this to Stefan and Elena.

Danny's POV

I put my head in my hands and sighed. "Why can't I just sleep?!" I laid back down avoiding making eye contact with Klaus again.

I felt someone sit at the end of the couch just inches away from my body.

"Come on love, I'm sorry for making someone kidnap you. I haven't seen you in 300 years." He said with his still perfect accent.

"Don't you think there is a reason for that? You killed my brother!" I yelled into the couch.

"I'm sorry. I came back to find you." He reached over to touch my arm.

I shot up and was at the other side of the apartment in a flash.

"No, you came back so you could break the curse and kill anyone who get in your way. I just happened to show up at the wrong time."

He looked down to the ground and was about to say something again. I took my chance and ran out the door to the front of the building.

I looked back up at the rooms and looked to see where I was. I got my senses together and took off.

Straight to the Salvatore Boarding House.

Damon's POV

I was getting worried about Danny and decide to go out and look for her. Stefan and Elena told me to not worry. That was obviously the wrong advise to take.

I made my way towards the front door but as soon as I opened it I was ran down by someone running really fast.

I was laying with my back on the ground and Danny on top of me.

I looked up at Danny and her face changed from scared to comforted. She put her head on her hands and looked at me. "So, you come here often?"

I laid my head back down and let out a breath and laughed.

-later-

Stefan, Elena, Caroline, and Tyler were all sitting in the living room waiting to hear where she had been all day.

I walked over and sat on the chair, waiting for Danny and hoping she want in any trouble.

Danielle walked in from the basement with a blood-bag in her hands. She stopped and looked at all of us and waved. It must have been awkward for all of us to be staring at her. I watched her walk over to the lit fire place and sat right in front of it. It was quiet for awhile. Stefan was the first one to speak.

"So Danny, what happened?" Stefan leaned in.

"Well, when I walked out of the house last night," she glanced over at me for a second, I smirked and she went back to her story, "i felt a pain in my neck and fell to the ground, it was vervain. I woke up this morning in an apartment on the couch. Katherine was there and she was scared. At first I didn't know why, then Klaus comes in and is all like 'I love you and I came back for you' and I yelled at him and said you just wanna become a big bad vampire and kill everybody. Then he looked sad and I left and came back here and tackled Damon to the ground. That's it." She smiled and looked at all of us waiting for someone to say something.

"Well know we know, I'll go there and give Katherine some vervain, she's probably compelled to stay there. So we are getting on Katherine's good side if we help her. Elena call Bonnie and Jeremy and tell them that Klaus is in his original body, maybe they can find a spell or something." I saw Danny get up and look at the fire. When everyone left to go do something, I walked over to Danny and put my arm around her waist.

She looked at me, "I'm sorry."

I was confused, "Why are you sorry, you didn't do anything wrong." She looked at me. "When I was down in the basement I woke up and kind of pulled out the vervain you were growing. Sorry."

I laughed, "It's alright, We have more than one room in our basement." She smiled and stared back into the fire.

I felt terrible that I wasn't there to help her last night when Klaus kidnapped her, even though that was the one person she didn't want to see. She must feel awful.

I grabbed both of her shoulders and turned her to face me. Her eyes were watery and she looked pale. She's too strong to be going through this.

"Listen to me, I feel awful that I wasn't there to help you. It must have been terrible, and I'm sorry, but we will all get through this together and Klaus will never bother you again. I promise you." I meant every word I said and it felt good to put my faith in someone. She looked better and put her arms around my neck.

"I trust you." her voice felt sure and confident, but at the same time quiet and scared.

I pulled her in and hugged her. "I will protect you, I promise."

I don't know how long we stood there, but it was comfortable and perfect.

Stefans's POV

I walked around the corner of the house to talk to Damon about giving Katherine the vervain. I turned and saw Danny and Damon hugging in front of the fireplace. I turned back around the corner and put my back against the wall. I started to think, is it a good idea to have Damon and Danny together? Will she effect him or will he effect her? Will Danny make him a better person or will she drag him down because she is an original. I might need to get to know Danielle Foster a little bit more.