Chapter-2 Blending In

I woke up and saw the sun rising through the town. It was about 7:30. I sat up and contemplated on going back to bed or getting an early start on the day.

I sadly rolled out of bed and walked to the shower. I was in there for about fifteen minutes. I got out and went to my bag in the living room. I pulled out my black skinny jeans and my high top converse. I grabbed a black v-neck shirt and walked back to my bedroom. After I got dressed I brushed through my now dry, straight hair and was done. I didn't bother putting on any makeup because I honestly didn't need it. Just saying. As I took a last look at myself, I heard a knock on my door.

I walked over there to see the woman from last night at my door. She looked at my and said,"there is someone here and they say they have your things." I smiled and said, "Let them up!" I closed the door and waited for my friend, Tammy, from New York.

It was about 45 seconds later and there was another knock at the door. I ran over there with joy and opened it. Tammy was standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hey girl! I missed you!" I said and leaned in for a hug and we jumped in joy for finally seeing each other.

"I missed you too. So umm. Why are you in this gross, little town?" She asked keeping a smile on her face.

"Well it's cute! Also there are other vampires here. So there's drama and I'm thinking of getting into it." I said to her as I watched her smile leave her face.

"WHAT! you know what you bring to the table! Why would you care about dumb little vampire problems?" she practically yelled at me.

We walked farther into my apartment and sat on the couch as movers brought in my things. "What do you mean? I could help them, or kill them, whatever works." I smiled comforting her.

"Okay,okay. I also know you can't die so I won't lose you, so that's good." She finally calmed down and knew I wasn't going to leave.

"Thanks. You know I wouldn't leave you, ever. So call me when you get back to New York okay? I love you. You're like my best friend!" I smiled and we got up from the couch an walked towards the door.

Tammy smiled and looked at me,"I love you too! How long have we been friends? 700 years? Sounds about right." We both laughed and hugged each other.

"Going onto 701 years. But your 800th birthday is coming up next year! Well throw and amazing party!" she laughed and I smiled. We hugged one last time as she walked out the door.

She turned around and said, "Don't think I forgot how old you were. You 1000 year old lady! love you!" I heard her laugh as she walked down the stairs.

I yelled out to her,"At least we both look amazing!" I heard her laugh and I walked back into my apartment. I went to look through my clothes and put them all in my closet and drawers. It was finally feeling like home. I decided to go and look up the history about this place. I also wanted to know more about the boy vampire who was at the Grill yesterday. He seemed young because he didn't catch on that I was a vampire. Idiot.

I went to my bedroom and grabbed my phone and some money. I left my new home and started to leave the hotel thing. I started to walk to The Grill to grab some food before I go search for things.

When I got there an old lady came up to me and said,"Aren't you supposed to be in school, young lady?" I looked at her and said,"Aren't you supposed to be in a funeral home?" She gasped and walked down the street, I rolled my eyes and opened the door to the grill. There were about twenty people sitting everywhere. I picked a spot at the bar and ordered a whiskey. It was almost 9:00 in the morning and I was getting weird looks for ordering alcohol this early, but whatever.