Chapter 47: Better Arrangnents

Chapter 47

Better Arrangements
------------------------------------------
Adonis

"So you feel confident in this, Adonis?" My lawyer asked.

I looked down at the manila envelope he kept on the table right in the middle of us and nodded. "Yea, I do."

"Good, because I know for a fact we have a very strong case against her, those pictures of the bruises will be what really sets everything over the edge, I promise you that. You also have strong feelings towards your sister and her well being and the judge will see that. Just keep talk about college at a minimum come Monday, ok?"

"Yes sir."

"Good," he stood up from his seat and I followed suit, as he came around the table and grabbed my hand. "We got this come Monday. Be safe tonight and make smart decisions even though it is prom night."

"No problem, I will. Thanks again JD." I dapped him up and he smiled at me before we both parted ways; me out his office and him back behind his desk.

Today JD and I met for the last time to discuss the trial Lisa and I will be going to Monday morning. JD has been what seems to be my only supporter throughout all of this shit wit' Lisa and I'm grateful for him. He giving me a lil more hope in this situation even though I was close to just completely giving up. In some ways I still am and don't care too much to give my hopes up on this but I just wanna have faith in god or anything really because I can't just give up on my sister the way Lisa gave up on us.

I walked out of the building and down the parking lot to my car so I can head to Gavin's house so I could get ready for tonight with the boys. Tonight is finally prom night and I've been more than ready to get this shit over with. From having a date to not having a date, from knowing the colors to wear to not knowing so folks wouldn't think Jewels and I would be there together to just settling on someone last minute for a date so I don't look like a fool by myself and for pictures. It's all been over stressful for no damn reason and I'm just ready to get the night over with and Monday over with so maybe, just maybe I can try and have a good rest of my senior year.

I drove through the city and headed for Gavin's side of town. Once I pulled up I saw all the boys cars and instantly got a lil more hype thinking about being with my boys for the night and enjoying what we've been waiting on since freshman year. One of the last hurdles before graduation. As stressed as I've been I'm definitely gone enjoy this night without issue.

"It's bout time a real nigga showed up!" Gavin yelled when I came through the back door and into the kitchen where there were bottles already popped and the boys with cups filled with whatever brown or light liquor they could get they hands on.

I laughed at them and shook my head as I closed the door. "Whatchu talking about? I been here." Ameer chimed in before taking a sip of his drink.

Everyone looked at him and waved him off making me laugh again as I went around the room dapping everyone up. "So y'all just gone get shit crackin' without me?"

"Man you was taking forever, where was you at anyways?" Josh asked

"Lawyers office."

"The fuck, you goin' to the booty slammer fam?" Gavin questioned.

I looked at him and shook my head disregarding his dumb ass but letting out a lil laugh of my own while Ameer, Josh and our teammate Ant laughed. I walked over to the bottle of Hennessy thinking about pouring myself a lil cup just as a lil starter but realizing there's already a few cups in the trash and everybody in here think they a comedian already, I'll have to drive us to and from the function. I pushed the bottle to the side and hopped up on the counter beside Ameer.