Chapter 25: It's Just Not Healthy

Chapter 25

It's Just Not Healthy

-------------------------------
Jewels

"Isa open the door its me," I yelled, after finally knocking for a good two minutes. Waiting on her to answer the door was only making me impatient as fuck.

Looking around my surroundings I tried to locate where Adonis kept the spare key. I couldn't reach the top of the door to look for it because I was too short so I grabbed a flower pot and turned it over emptying it out so I could stand on it just to see if it was a key up there. Trying not to fall and seem like a creep at almost two in the morning I balanced myself before feeling for the key.

"Thank God!" I mumbled to myself once I had the spare key in my hand. I stepped down from the pot and pushed it to the side while I unlocked the door. The house was fairly quiet except for Adonis' loud talking. I followed his voice and ended up in the kitchen. He was sitting at the table having a full blown conversation with nobody and his eyes were closed. He was sleepwalking.

Remembering to never wake a sleepwalker I left him alone and went to find Isa. She had to be in her room so I tried there first.

"Isa it's Jewels open the door baby." I said, jiggling the locked doorknob. A few seconds later the door unlocked and she ran into me crying. I picked her up and hugged her because I know seeing Adonis in the state he was in had to be the scariest shit ever, especially for a five year old.

"Is Bubba okay Jewels?" She sniffed, lifting her head to look at me.

"He will be, he's just sleepwalking."

"What's that?"

"Uhm, its when people walk in their sleep basically." I said, not knowing the logical way of explaining it to her. "Look how about I get you back in bed and then go figure out what to do with your brother ok?"

She nodded her head understanding while I walked her over to her bed.

"Jewels can we pray?" She asked as soon as I laid her down.

"Of course."

Getting on my knees at the side of her bed while she sat up, we both put our hands in prayer form and she started saying her prayers out loud.

"God in Heaven hear my prayer. Keep me in thy loving care. Be my guide in all I do. Bless all those who love me too. Amen."

"Amen." I repeated. "Who taught you that?"

"My daddy. We would always say our prayers together and even though he not here I still say them."

"And I bet he's proud of that. Now go to sl--"

"Jewels make him stop he's scaring me!" Isa yelled out, making me turn around to see Adonis standing in the door way mumbling something to himself with his eyes still closed.

Being easily scared myself he caught me off guard also, but I had to be the bigger person in all of this because if not we both would be locked in her room by now. Waiting on him to wake up on his own, but I couldn't let that happen though. Standing up completely I kissed Isa on her forehead and told her goodnight. Remembering all the do's and don'ts to waking a sleepwalker I lightly walked passed him and then made a loud noise by hitting the wall to wake him up.

He never opened his eyes so I walked in the kitchen and grabbed the biggest pot I could get to and slammed it on the floor.

"Yo what the fuck!" He turned around with his hands covering his ears.

"Sorry, it was the only safe way to wake you up."

"Wake me up, wait, whatchu doin' here anyway?"