Chapter 5

----Y/N's P.O.V---

Meliodas carried me downstairs as I wrapped my arms around his neck making sure I don't fall. He sat me down at a table in the tavern and went to the kitchen telling King to go with him. I sat there quietly but quickly noticed Ban looking at me like I'm some sort of creepy man selling children candy...
"I don't trust you."

"Well you just met me so it would make sense, "I answered, chuckling. I'm actually talking to Ban. This is crazy!

"Just know I'm always watching you. We don't need another monster here, "Ban said referring to Meliodas. I giggled and didn't complain, he just called me a monster, which seems fine to me.

Soon after Meliodas brought a plate of food in front of me and it honestly smelled delicious. It was steak soup with white rice in it? Either way, it smelled amazing. I lick my lips and lift the spoon to my mouth, but before I can put the spoon in my mouth Hawk came in and started warning me. "Watch out! Meliodas's cooking isn't the best...Yuck!"

I smiled. "I know."

I taste the soup and licked my lips.
"This is really good!" I began eating. Thanking Meliodas.

-a few hours later-

It was starting to get dark... everyone left the library to see if they can get any information about what I had. Hawk and Elizabeth insisted to stay with me, but Meliodas said they had to help. Diane well, she thinks I'm going to steal Meliodas from her and doesn't really trust me right now so I was left alone with Hawks' mom who really didn't talk...at all.

I lay outside the tavern,  knees up to my chest while watching the sun fall down the sky as the colors formed pretty pink and orange all over the sky. This is really cool, but I didn't expect this to be kinda boring. The grass below me was well kept, but at the same time, it was Hawks mom. I pet the ground under me, smiling at how insane my situation was.  

"Your a cool gal Hawks' mom"
I said chuckling, getting a snore for a response... Ya know what- I'll take it!

"Where are the others?"

I jump at whoever talked but as soon as looked behind me, I spot Gowther looking at the sunset.
I take a breath of relief and look back at the sun. 
"They went to the library to try and look at what I have or what might have happened...Wait!? Didn't you go with them?"

"I was in the other town looking at books the villagers were selling."

"Oh."

I chuckle nervously, turning back towards the sunset. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath of the fresh air, but then I feel something sit next to me. When I look next to me, I see Gowther sitting there. Legs crossed and about 5 inches away from me....!!!!!!
I blush and turn away. My anime crush is ACTUALLY sitting next to me-

About 2 minutes later Gowther breaks the silence.

"Y/n, I am quite intrigued by what is going on with you."

"Y-you are?"
Damn my stutter! 

"When I entered your thoughts, I saw you swallowed in darkness." He explains then points at my wrist. He then gently grabs my wrist and lifts it, showing me the purple crystal butterfly bracelet I had on. I looked at the bracelet and felt a lump in my throat. Gowther looks at me and tilts his head slightly.
"I can see you have a great connection towards this bracelet, am I correct?"