Reader X Kougami

Ever since the green swordsman haired swordsman case with the kidnapped girl, Kougami Senpai has spent less and less time at the bar. It's not necessarily that I drink a lot, but rather I solely go there for the sake of getting the chance to strike up a conversation with him. Due to the disappearance of the green haired swordsman, crime has once again sky rocketed, and so did my workload.

***

Work ended miraculously early that day, as I was one of the last to leave office and head for home. But halfway at the station, for no apparent reason, I decide to try my luck at the bar one more time...

***

He's not here...

I muttered, as I twired the cap of the miniature sake bottle with one finger. Just as I was going to put down my cash and leave, a figure stepped in, and for the first time in a million years...

"Kougami Senpai..." I blurred out automatically.

"Shinya, call me Shinya is fine enough, Kouhai-kun."

My face lit up like a traffic light, as I quickly turned away and looked down at my sake again, completely avoiding any sort of eye contact.

"One gin please!" Kougami said, as he took up a seat beside me.

"Sh-hin-ya..." my knotted itself.

"No need to force yourself to call me that, just call me like you usually do." He said, as he took out a pack of cigs.

"Ok, then Kougami Senpai..."

"Oh, almost forgot. You hate smoking." He said, shuffling the cigs back into his coat again.

The truth is, I did hate cigs. But the way how Kougami Senpai does it really does add that layer of maturity to it, though I would never openly admit that too him.

"Thank you..." I said reflexively.

"No need." He said, as the waiter set down a bottle of gin before him.

You're supposed to come up with a conversation!? Think...Think! THINK!

"How are you managing so far?" he said interrupting my train of thoughts, as he poured himself some sake. It took a long enough awkward pause for me to realize what the question was, and in red face panic, I replied:

"I am ok, but I wish he had more holidays."

"Same." He said, before downing a cup.

"So Senpai, if you can go anywhere for you holiday, where would you go?"

"Let's see..." he averted his gaze at the ceiling and thought for a moment, "New York? I always wanted to see the NYPD for myself."

"Senpai, it seems that even in your spare time all you think of is work..."

"Sorry, it can't be helped."

I sighed as I slumped down on the bar in slumber.

"Did you drink too much?"

"No, just a small cup." I replied, as I stood up for a moment to head to the washroom, but due to a small misstep, my face ended up lying on the icy floor.

"Are you alright?" Kougami asked, kneeling by my side.

"Yeah, I think I can get up..." I grimaced pain, as he lend me a hand to pull myself, but the moment he pulled me up, but I must have twisted my ankle during the fall, as I only ended up losing balance and falling forward...

Luckily Kougami Senpai caught me in his arms, and silently inspected the damage for a moment. A moment later, without a word, he turned around and hefted me onto his back.

"It's not that serious, an-nddd where are you taking me?"

"The nearest hospital of course, baka kouhai." He said as he slams down a small wad of cash as he carried me outside the bar and into open night streets.

"Put me down! This is embarrassing!"

No! What am I saying? Don't put me down! Keep going!

"You can barely stand in this state, so just be quiet and let me carry you." he said with genuine concern, and that's when I gradually settled down and stopped kicking and resisting.

"Thank you Kougami senpai...I owe you one..." I shyly admitted.

"No, you owe me two. I just paid for your drink, next time it's your turn to buy me a drink."

Next time...

Just like that, in the mesmerizing street light, and cool night breeze, Kougami carried me for nearly half an hour until we arrived at the nearest hospital.

Twisting your ankle may not be so bad after all...

GOOD END