Reader X Kougami X Zoro [Part 2]

It was the time for me to decide.

For my entire life, I have been fed up with the sibyl system. It judged people according to their mental state, yet there are a few individual who can get away with it, because their mind are naturally immune to it. It's not a fair and right system at all, it dominated people's life, and it ruin one just as quick. One bad mood, poof! You're out of society. Family, friends, education, politics, economy, the future...I am just all tired of that community. The same thing repeating and repeating again, everyone seemed to be afraid to stand out these days, everyone all seemed to want to be normal out of fear rejection and for a long time I was like that too. But I am done with that, I hate normal because it's boring, too long have I suppressed my own emotions, I want to make the choices I want, I want to say the things I want, not making choices and say things that pleases other people. For once, I want to do thing I want, though my actions maybe judged a crime, but that doesn't mean society its self is guiltless of sin. Society is more often wrong then it is right, and no one is perfect and I get it. I know, I am certainly not perfect, but at least I can try to be better, and the first step will be being honest with myself.

What do you want?

"Stand by, activating, lethal eliminator." Came the sibyl system's voice through the dominator, as several officers, including Kougami himself aimed their dominator at Zoro.

It's been too long...

Without thinking twice I jumped up and placed myself between the officers and Zoro. Even Kougami, perhaps the calmest person I knew, who keeps a poker face even in the face of an explosion raised both brows.

"Scanning crime level, 150. Non-lethal paralyzer." the sibyl system voice came through the dominator, as it shifted form again.

I just want to do what I believe is right!

"Enforcer Shinya! Why are you hesitating? The girl is a perpetrator too, shoot her!" Commanded one of the officers.

Kougmai studied me with his dark brown eyes for a moment, then with his expression shifting back to usual poker face, he pulled the trigger.

Sorry mom, dad...

I shut up eyes tight, followed by a horrible metallic screech. But instead of feeling the slightest bit of pain. Instead I gradually opened my eyes and saw Zoro, standing in front of me, sword held and shielding me from the officer.

"You baka." Zoro said with clenched teeth, through the katana held in his mouth.

"Eh?" I blinked away a few tears.

"Hold onto my back, and just be quiet!"

I did as Zoro told, as several more shoots came out from the officers, all of them which Zoro parried effortlessly. And after I climbed onto his back, he unsheathed the two kanatas in his hand, and held my legs tight as he made a dash for the balcony.

"WAIT! You're not seriously going too..." before I could finish my protest, Zoro already had one foot on the railing and used it to propel us higher into the air, and while falling 100ft from the air, all I remember was me screaming on the top of my lungs, and passing out before we even landed.

***

"You awake now?" a voice called to me, as I sheepishly opened my eyes.

"Huh..." I looked around. It was dark then, with Zoro sitting across from me from the campfire. And I found myself propped against a tree with a blanket around me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"The city outskirts. That cursed city, what is wrong with the people in that place..." Zoro scratched his head for a moment, before turning to me.

"I am sorry for dragging you into this." He apologized, with his head lowered.

"No, its fine." I replied automatically.

"No it's not. Where are you going to stay now? You can't go back to that city right?"

Zoro was right, going back to my city would mean jail. And even after I get out, people would never treat me the same as they did before, it will be like hell...

Failing to search for an answer, I lowered my head.

"Ugh...I knew this would happen. I owe you a big one." Zoro sighed.

I stared at him blankly.

"I will help you to find a new home, and once we do, we are even. But until then, rely on me as much as you want."

I nodded slightly, as I was still kind of lightheaded from the gravity of the situation.

"We are going to camp here for the night. You go ahead and get some sleep, I will be on the watch." Zoro said, as he sat down on the ground and leaned his back against the tree across from me.

Despite all the crazy things that happened that day, as soon I lied down on the group, tiredness quickly overwhelmed me and the last thought I had before drifting off to sleep was:

Finding a new home huh?...maybe it's not all that bad...

GOOD END