Running Away

January's (POV)

I am headed back to Charlotte. I need to get away from all this drama for a while. It is like I left from here to get away from all of the bullshit and it followed me to Atlanta. Why the fuck does this keep happening to me. I know that Jacquees and I are not in a relationship but damn really. Shanetta is lucky I didn't do no more than what I did. Damn I know that Alicia is going to have questions and wonder where the hell I am. I will call her though once I get to Johntae's house. I really don't want to tell my brother what happened because he doesn't mind putting a bullet in a niggas ass. Hell he used to be in them streets heavy. Hell me and Jacquees friendship lasted for about a month before all this shit happened. I really thought we were going to be cool like that but I guess I was wrong. I was actually going to give him the goodies but I guess that wasn't meant to be. All this takes me back to before I even met Taurus.....

High School

I wasn't the most popular nor was I the prettiest. The girls made fun of me and the guys didn't pay me any attention. I was over weight with unkempt hair and I wore big baggy clothes with off brand shoes. I was smart as hell and made good grades but I was the one that was the ass end of every joke. I hated going to school everyday but my mom made me and she didn't help any. She would always tell me that I was so ugly and fat. She said no one would ever want an ugly duckling like me. My mom was gorgeous and she had men flocking to her. My mom acted like she couldn't stand me or that she regretted me. We didn't have a relationship like a mother and daughter should have. I would cry and constantly eat. Food was my best friend, my lover basically my everything. I remember one day at school I was in the cafeteria and this girl named Larisha asked me how did I get a name like January because it didn't fit someone as ugly as me. I left out the cafeteria in tears and ran to the bathroom. Two days later I met Shanetta and out of everybody she was so nice to me and acted like she really did care about me as a person. We became the best of friends which was odd because she was the kind of girl that my mom wanted as a daughter which my mom told me once she met her. Guys would call me cheeseburger because I ate in and everything in sight kids would throw food at me. This went on for a long time until I started making myself throw up. I was in such a dark place and my so-called mom was so into her men and being beautiful she didn't notice I was falling apart. Through it all Shanetta remained my friend and that I couldn't understand. She was the only one that I could trust and talk to about anything. She never judged me or made fun of me like the others. In fact she told me that I was beautiful but it was just hidden. I was shocked because my own mom didn't tell me that. I had gotten so depressed I literally had stopped eating. It had gotten so bad I had to be put in the hospital under supervision because they were afraid that I was going to try to kill myself. I wanted to kill my mother for being so evil and uncaring. I wish I wasn't such a disappointment but all I wanted and needed was my mother's love. The whole time I was hospitalized she never came to see not once. My brother found out what was going on and he moved me in with him and his dad at the time. Once I got out the hospital I still wasn't eating the way  I should have been so I had to be moved to a facility where I could seek therapy with all the problems I was having. I ended up having to complete school home bound because mentally and emotionally I couldn't take no more abuse from the other kids at school and sure as hell not my mom. As time passed I started eating and talking about my personal issues to a therapist. I actually started working out and getting into shape. Shanetta took me to get my hair straighten and highlighted. I even went shopping for a new wardrobe. I was a new person and I felt good. I could tell that Shanetta was surprised that I looked the way that I did but hell so was I. So much time had passed and I finished school and I had just turned 19. I remember I had started doing makeup here and there when I was 18 and people started noticing it. One day I was with Shanetta at the mall and that is where I met Taurus and for once I felt special because a man was actually interested in me. We hooked up and he was my first everything. I was so young and in love that when he asked me to move in with him I didn't hesitate. Hell I had been living with my brother and the sad part is my mother just wrote me off. Everything was going good. Life was good and I was happy  until two years later when I caught Shanetta and Taurus in our house fucking. Some things are too good to be true....