Release

Jared P.O.V.

We're deep in the catacombs where there is a significant amount of moisture on the stone walls and a moldy smell to the air. I have seven trained troops with me, and with the stunt we're trying to pull off we might not come back. We are running down a tunnel when we suddenly come to a stop because the tunnel split off into two sections.

"Alpha Bottom take the right tunnel, Alpha Top left tunnel. Move out!" Shouted our head commander, we run down the tunnel at a steady but sharp pace. I didn't like it down here, there were bones everywhere. An extraordinary collection of bones in these catacombs didn't assure me that I'll be making it out of here safe and sound. I could even hear my fellow troops stepping on the bones and turning them to nothing more but bits and pieces like they were nothing.

Rounding a sharp corner I heard the decrescendo of screams. I stop just in time to see the bottomless pit that looks like its the mouth of the worst leviathan to come in contact with. One troop down three left including myself, we should have anticipated traps and taken precautions. The head of Alpha Bottom wants us to jump across the pit that looks like it's about 20 feet away.

The other two get a running start and make it across with almost little to no complications, but I'm a different case. I started running but when I got to the ledge I slowed down a little out of fear and that affected my jump a lot. I'm now on the other side of the mouth that's waiting to swallow me whole hanging off the slab of stone by my fingertips. I feel like fighting for my precious life and my kingdom and giving up from exhaustion at the same time, unfortunately I didn't get to decide because I was being pulled up by a pair of hands.

We, meaning just myself, wanted to rest but there was no time for that now, not right now. Starting at the catacombs again we made sure to just jog and to watch our every move along the way. Forming a line that consist of the head troop leading, me and then the new recruit. I hear something click behind me like a soft hissing, turning around just in time to see the two walls a little ways back crushing the newbie instantly killing him, must have stepped on a trick brick. Careful but not careful enough.

"Just keep moving, he knew the risks." Says A.B commander. Coming to the end of the tunnel there's a faint grey blue-ish light. I know if we found what we came here for then all the others must be dead or waiting to die. The room is huge, there are small pebbles everywhere and at the very top was a gap letting in moonlight. At the very end of the room was a dark metallic antique looking door.

Something was off, it shouldn't be as easy as just walking up to the door. Something as precious as this can't be taken as easy as pie. As the guy took out the key that is shaped like a circular box with six points, I walked off to the side. Pushing the key into place and twisting it a series of clicks could be heard, finally the door opened slowly and a rusty colored gas seeped out into the commanders face. He fell to the ground with blisters and his skin peeling off and a filmy tint to his eyes.

Stepping over the dead body I opened the door more for it to reveal a gold colored box with engravings covering the exterior. Unlocking the heavy latch the golden door swings on its hinges and reveals a woman with long white hair. She slowly opens her eyelids to reveal transparent looking blue eyes. I feel like I'm stepping into another dimension.

The frail looking woman suddenly lunges at me and throws me into the nearest wall. The hard blow to my head renders me unconscious.