The Jump

Amelia P.O.V.

I'm back in my room with Jared sitting on my bed. I throw the clothes that are still in my arms at his head and tell him to go try them on. He walks to the bathroom but turns around to say, "You know you're still a bitch but you're now a nice bitch instead of a mean bitch."

"I give you another life and you still call me a bitch? How rude of you." I reply back.

He gives out a snort/laugh before saying, "I wouldn't need another chance at life if you hadn't taken away my first one."

I can feel the prickle of tears stinging the back of my eyes and I feel the heat of anger igniting my face. Jared looks at me with a sorrow filled expression.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Just go!" I cut him off.

He slowly walks to the bathroom and closes the door quietly. I sit on the edge of my bed and twist my fingers around the silk sheets. I know what I did to Jared was wrong but was giving him his life back not enough apology?

I shake my head of those thoughts and think of the war. So many lives have been lost due to the war and so many more will be lost now that I'm a pawn in their game of chess. I look at myself in the full body length mirror that's hanging on the bathroom door. I walk over to it and stand in front of the mirror and stare at my reflection.

The mirror starts to move with ripples like moving water and my reflection becomes distorted and hard to see. I feel light headed and my body feels like air but my chest feels like someone is sitting on it.

The majority of my vision is dark and clouded around the outside. White noise fills my ears softly at first but then it starts to gradually get louder and louder. Behind the white noise unintelligent murmurs can be heard and I am yanked forward by a force.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Unknown P.O.V.

I step out onto the street and rest my hat upon my head. The streets are fairly quiet at this time of night. The only sounds to be heard are the rustling of the trees and my footsteps. Out of nowhere another pair of footsteps can be heard. I quicken my steps and the other person matches my pace.

I turn around and grab the man by his coat and throw him against a wall. "Why are you following me?" I growl out through my teeth.

"I-I-I" The man stutters.

"Spit it out and don't lie either because I ain't no dummy."

"She's here." he manages to say without stuttering.

I return the man back on his feet. I've been waiting to hear those words my entire life. Those words were all I needed to hear before replying, "Take me to her."