The Ending: Rules of Dating When You're a Shinobi

Although things were shaky between Uncle Kakashi and I, I couldn't possibly ignore him forever. We continued a strain relationship at home and outside of home, while I got more and more annoyed with the guards intruding on my privacy all the time.

I even got some snide remarks from my division – something about how precious little Mika-chan cannot go anywhere without protection from Uncle dearest. I gritted my teeth and ignore them, just as I usually do, with the hope of finally being transferred to the higher-ranked tracking division one day keeping me going.

But despite my best efforts, I finally snapped one day.

It was an evening as usual – Uncle Kakashi finished his paperwork, I finished my (boring) admin work, and we were at the Hokage Tower's dining room for dinner. It was a good dinner, steak and pasta, and the two of us were chatting about a recent mission I went on with Sora and Sekken.

"... it's so rare that we get a mission together nowadays," I said while cutting my steak. "With Sora rising in ranks within the ANBU and Sekken with Kitsune duties. But it was a nice mission. I glad our team's chemistry didn't change even after so long!"

Uncle smiled. "Of course. Once a team, always a team. So, I presume that all your battle strategies and all that were still as polished?"

"Of course! I track them down, conceal our chakra, then Sora jumps in with fire to trap them, and then for the final kill, Sekken jumps in with his sword." I pointed the knife I was using to cut my steak in Uncle's direction for dramatic effect. "Bam!"

Uncle started to laugh, but immediately, a guard dashed to my side, and before I could even blink, the guard wrestled the knife out of my grip and twisted my hand behind me.

"What the - !"

"Stop!" Uncle yelled, standing up, his knife and fork falling to the table with a clatter.

"Hokage-sama," the ANBU guard argued, keeping me in an armlock. "She pointed a knife at you!"

"She's my niece!"

"But she could be a threat sent from outside, preying on the fact that she is your niece-"

The ANBU dropped his grip on my arm the moment I drained his chakra. He hissed, stepping away from me. I glared daggers at him, my hands flaring golden. He narrowed his eyes at me, making a move to pull out his sword –

"That's it!" I yelled, clenching my fists so hard that I could have sworn that my knuckles turned white.

The water in our glasses on the dining table began to swirl unnaturally. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, calming myself and blinking back angry tears.

When I opened my eyes again, I glared straight at Uncle Kakashi. "I'm moving out. Don't you dare try to stop me! And since I won't be leaving under your roof anymore, I'm no longer a threat or target, so don't you dare send guards to look after me!"