Invasion of Konoha: The Beast and The Sleeping Beauties

"Sasuke!" I shouted at the figure of blue in front of me.

Sasuke did not stop; instead, he ran even faster. 

Basically, some creepy people from Otogakure placed a sleeping genjutsu over us in the middle of Sasuke and Gaara's fight, resulting in us falling into a deep sleep. Of course, I was still awake in my subconscious, so I used my awesome skills to break free of the genjutsu. When I awoke, I saw snakes (Orochimaru, anyone?) all around, some people waking up, some people still sleeping, Sekken waking Sora up, and Sasuke chasing after the Sand genins.

So obviously, I quickly told Sekken I was chasing after Sasuke, and before anyone could do anything, I chased after that idiot.

After sensing a short stop in Sasuke's chakra, he ran again. I skidded to a halt, seeing that blonde girl, Temari, on the floor, battered. I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, annoyed with my inability to catch up with Sasuke. Sasuke's chakra was almost out of my sensing range, so I pushed more chakra to my feet, resuming my run .

'I was never good at running... Damn you, Sasuke!'

"Hey!" A voice shouted behind me. "Wait!"

I stopped and turned, seeing Sora and Shino. Seeing Sasuke in front of him ready to battle Kankurou, Shino ran forward. He merely told Sasuke to go ahead, deciding to take on Kankurou himself.

I glanced at Sora taking a battle stance with Shino.

She shrugged. "Whacha waiting for? Go after the Uchiha!"

I nodded, focusing on Sasuke's chakra and ran after him yet again. Finally, I caught up with him. He took a battle stance in front of a tree. I ran forward, ready to call out to him when my eyes landed on Gaara.

Well, at least I think that it is Gaara. He was merged with sand, and while he was half human, the other half transformed into a sandy beast... thing. His eyes were wide and wild, his lips were pulled back into large scowl, and he looked like he was ready to kill anytime.

He lunged forward, leaping at Sasuke, much faster than before and I could sense his chakra becoming larger too.

'This must be... a tailed beast's power.'

"Sasuke, he - "

"I know," he cut me off, narrowing his eyes. "Go away, this is my battle."

"... Idiot. You don't have an ex-ANBU now jounin Uncle who scatters secrets around the house. What do you possibly know about what's happening before your eyes?"

"I know that this is my battle and that you shouldn't be here."

Sasuke formed several hand seals, and lightning crackled, shooting forward and slicing Gaara's arm off. Gaara screamed in pain, and then a sandy beast arm reformed. The mad and wild look returned to his eyes, and he lunged forward again, ready for the kill.