Sai and Sasuke: Team Kakashi

The next week passed by in a blur.

True to Hideki-sensei's words, he immediately transferred custody of the twins to him. The following days were us bustling about, sorting admin duties, and getting ready for the twins' grand birthday celebration.

The Kitsune elders were beyond pleased at the twins finally going back home to the Kitsune clan compound, and wanted a grand ceremony to not only welcome them home, but also celebrate their sixteenth birthday.

Sora and Sekken were dressed stunningly on the day of the ceremony, clothed in grand robes as they walked into the compound and were officially welcomed back. Sora was extremely happy, and even Sekken had a smile on the entire day – it was no wonder, seeing that they were finally back at the place they grew up in.

The elders were also really nice to them. They spoke to them kindly, respectfully calling Sekken 'head', and Sora 'Princess' (much to her chagrin). Shino attended the ceremony too, and he and Sora had a nice chat while Sekken mingled about with the Kitsune clan elders, discussing about him slowly taking over the head's duties with Hideki-sensei aiding him along the way.

Of course, Sekken got back his name at last. The rest of Konoha, especially the rest in Konoha 14, were surprising receptive to that, and 'Daichi' transitioned to being 'Sekken' smoothly and easily.

With them back into the clan and having just completed such a dangerous mission, Sora accepted her jounin promotion.

I, however, was still far behind them in terms of credits. I remained a chuunin while the both of them started taking up Kitsune exclusive missions. Beyond just simply that, we had less time together as Sora got into her jounin duties, and as Sekken slowly started easing into being Head of Kitsune clan.

Team Eleven had less training and less missions together, and I found myself alone when they left for their special missions with Hideki-sensei and Rei-sensei.

Don't get me wrong – I am pleased for them. I am happy that they're both are happy. I really am.

But I felt lonely.

"You could always spend time with Team Seven with your team is not around," Uncle Kakashi said as I moped about in his hospital room.

"But I can't officially join your team. That's why this Sai guy has to join, right?"

Uncle Kakashi sighed. "The adult world is complicated, little Mika-chan. Besides, you are still a member of Team Eleven – you just don't go on every mission the rest of them go for."

Seeing that Uncle Kakashi still recovering and the need for them to intercept a spy of Orochimaru's, Tsunade decided to let a member of ANBU root to join Team Seven, assigning a temporary team leader, Yamato. I wanted to go with them on their new mission, but seeing as it involved Orochimaru and some council guy's insistence at wanting Sai to be part of the 'new' Team Seven, Uncle told me to sit out on that mission.

"I don't like the new additions to Team Seven," I muttered.