Sai and Sasuke: Aftermath

True to Uncle Kakashi's predictions, Naruto's training dramatically increased after we met Sasuke.

"And how are you?" he asked me a few days after we got back. "After seeing Orochimaru and fighting Sasuke again."

I paused, thinking about Sasuke. Then I thought about Orochimaru and everything that he had taken away from me.

"I want to be stronger too."

Uncle Kakashi smiled. "I have a suggestion."

* * *

A few days later, I found myself standing by the same waterfall I first trained with Rei-sensei at in front of a grinning Naruto.

"Affinity for water," I repeated.

Uncle Kakashi nodded. "That's right. I thought that it would be perfect for Naruto to spar with you, seeing that you're a skilled water user."

And so, we began.

Naruto sized me up, determination burning in his eyes. The moment Uncle yelled for us to begin, Naruto charged forward, palms outstretched and water flowing into a sphere between his hands.

Before he could even come closer to me, I clapped my hands, pumping chakra and focusing on the essence of water. The water between Naruto's hands dissipated with a burst, causing water droplets to fly everywhere.

Naruto gasped.

Taking advantage of the opening, I moved, ready to hit him with a blast of water.

He clenched his jaw, stomping his foot upon the water's surface. In a flash, the water beneath his feet moved at his command, creating a wall between us.

"Not bad,"  I said. "But I've practicing with water for years now!"

With that, I yelled, "Water style: water prison no jutsu!"

The wall of water started bending upon my command, wrapping around Naruto. He startled, and tried to resist to no avail. I spread my hands out in a circular motion, and then, just like that, Naruto was trapped in a water prison.

"That's enough!" Uncle Kakashi called.

I clapped my hands, releasing Naruto from my water prison. He fell into the waterfall with a splash, resurfacing while spluttering.

"Wow!" he coughed. "Mika... you're really good."

I flipped my hair. "I try."

But honestly... he was good, for someone who just recently started training with water. He had a lot of potential, and he was far better than I was when I first started.