Chapter 6

So, apparently we were caught in a compromising position.

I don't really understand what was so bad. Personally, I was quite enjoying myself. But it seems that lying in bed with a man with some of your clothes removed from your body, giggling and kissing and making happy sounds whilst he lays on top of you is not a situation that people enjoy walking in on. Especially if one of them is the sister of said man.

Like I said, I don't really understand what was so bad. But Sam was out of her mind with anger, screaming at Mark like he'd murdered someone. Even when Mark was trying to ask her what was wrong, we didn't really get a straight answer. All we heard was 'Get the fuck out of that bed now and put some fucking clothes on'. Even though we had most of them on. It was just two little bits of material missing. And we didn't see anything apart from shoulders...

Everyone really needs to lighten up. They're stood there, in a line, giving us some kind of scornful look. Making me feel like a child that's done something wrong. Well, guess what? I'm not a child. I may be reliving my childhood sometimes when it comes to Mark, but I am twenty nine. That is not the age of a child.

“So what happened last night?”

Oh my God. This is pathetic. I'm not going to be talked to like I'm some insignificant species. I'm a human being, despite a lot of dispute from most people. I have feelings, fucked up as they may be. And I do not appreciate...

“I asked Alex to be my girlfriend and she said yes.”

All my anger washes away at that. I look at him and see the genuine look of pride on his face as he looks at his sister, hoping for some kind of acknowledgement of this lifetime achievement. I can't help but smile with him, letting his arm wrap around me to pull me against him. He's proud of me. Proud to call me his girlfriend. And that's actually quite a nice feeling.

“I didn't mean that.”

Shot down. And back comes the anger. I glare at her, seeing her glaring straight back. Okay, so I know that we haven't gotten on very much since the day I nearly made the biggest mistake of my life. But I changed my mind, right? I'm here with him now. And I've even agreed to being his girlfriend. Put this label on myself just to make him happy. All she has to do is look at that little face of his to see just how happy he is...

“But it's a good thing, right?” I hear him ask, the disappointment in his voice making it shake a bit. And that just makes me even angrier.

“It's not what I asked you.”

“Sam...”

“Just answer the fucking question, Mark.”

That's it.

“You do not get to talk to him like that!” I shout, pushing myself up from where I sit.

“And who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?” Calm and collected with a hint of resentment. Lovely.

“Unless you missed the memo, I'm his girlfriend."

“And he's my brother. Blood runs thicker than water. So watch your mouth, you childish bitch.”

I feel the final straw in my mind snap as I launch towards her. Her eyes widen in fear, but I don't manage to crack my fist between them. Much to my dismay, I'm spun around and brought crashing against his chest. I roar, trying to drag myself back to show that whore what's what, but his hand is playing with my ear. I grumble, unable to stop my eyes from fluttering at his touch. God damn him...

“Calm down, little butterfly.”

“But she...”

“Shh, shh. It's fine. Calm down.”