제 26 장: Bedtime Story

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Haneul was usually working to move out from their dorm with her aunt. She didn't want to stay there forever, but that was what only her mind kept repeating. She actually did want to stay there, living with twelve grown famous men who always kept the house alive. From the shouting of LOL (League Of Legends) to the loud snoring at night, she wouldn't miss it for the world. It was a big twist in her life and that made her happy.

She had to go. She was living with idols who work almost 24/7 and not to assume what would happen to her once the sasaengs find out...

By now, she already told the rest of the EXO members that she was going to move out soon and they were devastated. She wanted to tell Kyungsoo too, but she never had the chance since she would rarely see him. She even tried contacting him a few times, but she'd only get nothing in return. Her heart ached knowing that something was wrong with him, but he wouldn't share his thoughts and feelings.

With all these problems, their comeback isn't getting any further. Haneul has been staying at their dorm for almost three months and their comeback is set in a week.

Yet again, the famous Do Kyungsoo never fails avoid people.

Kyungsoo sat under the tree at a park with his hat covering his face and his head down low. His mom already returned to the business life and headed back to Japan with his dad.

It's already been a few weeks since he told the other members to back off and Kyungsoo did indeed feel guilt, yet he brushed it off anyways. It's what he had to do if he didn't want to continue his life as a burden to people who are important to him.

That's what he likes to think of it. He's not avoiding them just because they're ruining his life. It's because he cares about them and thinks that it's his to decide. He's not wrong and he's not right.

"But is there such thing as too much time?" He asked himself as he sat on the grass under the shade.

Too much time to the point where it seems like he won't solve the problem at all?

He sighed and stood up from his spot on the ground that he's been sitting under for about three hours as he watched kids play soccer on the field.

Meanwhile, at EXO's dorm...

"I miss D.O..." Kai sulked as he laid down on everyone's legs as they all sat on the couch in their living room.

"Me too." They all agreed.

"Then let's visit him!" Lay beamed.

No one responded to the poor soul but instead, stared at Lay and wondered if he needs to talk or something to get his intelligence back.

"I miss D.O..." Kai repeated, ignoring Lay's question.

After a few more groans of agony, the door swung open to reveal a slouching figure.

All eleven of them beamed and screamed. "hANEUL!"

She tiredly smiled in return and spoke, "Hey guys."

"You look awful." Tao pointed out and earned a slap on the back.

"I know. No need for back slapping." She chuckled before sloppily walking to the stairs. Before she made it, she tripped over one of Chanyeol's toys.

Chanyeol quickly rushed to her before helping her up. He guilty scratched the back of his neck before mumbling a quick apology.

"Chanyeol?" Haneul muttered with her eye lids half closed.

He peeked up to her question. "Yeah?"

"Can you carry me?" She asked.

"Okay!" He responded with a wide and bright smile as his eyes lit up. At least he has a way to repay his 'sins'. Or at least, that's what he thinks of it.

Chen leaned over to Kris's ear and whispered. "Imagine if D.O was here..."

Kris snorted, bit back a laugh and whispered, "Chanyeol would get chased around the house with D.O's demon powers."

"YAH! DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT DEMONS! THEY'RE EVIL!" Lay shouted with anger and pulled out a bible. He started reading it, mentioning something about going to church with Kris on Sunday.

With Haneul on Chanyeol's back, he flopped her down on her bed playfully.

"CHANYEOL! HOW DARE YOU!" She yelled as she almost fell on to the floor. "YOU WILL REGRET THIS DAY!"

Chanyeol was taken aback by her sudden rush of energy, yet he laughed like a maniac anyways.

"Alright! I'll be going now!" Chanyeol said with a smile.

Before he could leave, Haneul said, "Wait! Can you tell me a bedtime story? I have some energy left from when you threw me onto the floor." She pouted while clutching onto her blanket.

Chanyeol chuckled and sat down beside her. He didn't take a long time, but he pondered on what to story tell her. He ended up telling what was on his mind.

"Once upon a time, there was a... a-a penguin! The penguin went by the name G.K. G.K was a penguin without the experience of love. He never had a friend or a girlfriend! One day, he suddenly bumped into a female penguin. He liked her very much, but unfortunately, she broke poor G.K's heart. A few years later, after he finally recovered from trust issues, he meets another penguin who resembled to a female he met a few years back. He finally made friends by now and his friends wanted to help him to let go and find who truly deserves him, but he pushed them away and told them to not care. BUT LIKE, HOW CAN HIS FRIENDS NOT CARE WHEN THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS DO, AM I RIGHT?"

"Chanyeol."

"FRIENDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER! ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WERE MORE THAN FRIENDS, THEY WERE FAMILY!"

"YAH! CHANYEOL!" She threw a pillow at him to break him from his trance.

Chanyeol finally snapped back into reality with wide eyes and took deep breaths in, trying to calm himself down.

"That was a... lovely story and I appreciate your efforts--" She yawned, "But I think I'm all good now. Thank you." She sent him a heart warming smile before cuddling back into her bed sheets and closing her eyes.

Chanyeol chuckled in guilt from the explosion of emotions and whispered, "Goodnight, Haneul..."