제 6 장: Lie

HANEUL'S P.O.V.

Kyungsoo had taken me inside and told me to sit down at the dining table while he made breakfast. He soon came out of the kitchen with freshly hot dishes of an American breakfast. There were eggs, sausages, bacon and some sandwiches. He sat them down on the table but before he put down the stack of clean plates on the table, I volunteered to set it down to help. I can't possibly forget that I still have to repay him, right? I even feel like I owe him even more for taking care of me.

"Sure." He spoke without a smile and walked back into the kitchen to clean up.

I sighed, and grabbed the thirteen plates and one by one, I set them on the table. Looking at the clock, I noticed that it was already ten in the morning.

Kyungsoo came out of the kitchen again and looked at me.

"Would you mind waking up the memb- I mean my family?"

Members? Family members?

"Uh, sure..." I answered.

"I'll wake up the people on the right side of the hallway, you can wake up the people on the left." He said, making gestures with his hands.

I nodded and together, we walked to the long hallway.

After we woke everyone up, we all sat down at the dining table. Let me tell you, waking up Lay was harder than it looks. He looks so cute with his dimples and his laugh, but when sleeping, it's like trying to wake up a brick.

"So, Haneul..." Suho started. "What brings you back?" He asked, then suddenly widened his eyes. "Not that we don't like having you here. It's just curiosity."

I stayed silent for a bit, rethinking of I should tell them, or lie until I feel ready.

"My parents asked me to move out, and so I didn't really know where to stay..." I answered, knowing that it was a one hundred percent lie.

My parents passed away a few years ago by a car accident. I was left with my only aunt and with a bird I received a day before, which was Christmas Eve. Christmas became very sensitive to me ever since and I didn't really like celebrating it.

Kyungsoo who was a few seats down from me gave me a look of confusion and shock. I didn't seem like a person who would lie, right?

"I see... Well you're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like, but some times we're busy with... Work. Please make yourself at home." Suho smiled, then ruffled my hair since he was right beside me.

"WORDS FROM SUHO EVERYBODY!" Xiumin yelled from his seat, standing up and clapping.

I joined in for fun and soon cheers and applauses were heard all around the table, except for where Kyungsoo sat.

"Sit down! We have to be respectful when eating!" Suho shouted at everyone and stood up himself to forcefully make them sit back down.

KYUNGSOO'S P.O.V.

Instead of clapping like everyone else was, I stared at the table with my eyebrows narrowed. Why would she lie? I was doing that until Sehun put his arm over my shoulders.

"You're not going to eat, hyung?" He asked.

I then noticed that everybody was back down on their seat and had already started eating.

"Oh yeah... I forgot." I nervously chuckled.

Sehun looked unsure, but smiled and continued eating. I sighed then finished my dish.

_____-{(())}-_____

I finished dressing up in comfortable clothes to go to dance practice and I made my way into my room to retrieve my phone. I saw Haneul, laying down on her bed, weirdly smiling.

I secretly smiled to myself too, seeing her ridiculous smile blighted up my morning. I kept smiling until she turned to look at me. Her smile didn't leave her face and it surprised me. I was starting to think that she started hating me after I said that I didn't like her and don't get me wrong, I don't.

I walked towards my phone until she stopped me and handed it to me herself.

"Here you go!" She said, suddenly being her happy self again.

"Why didn't you tell them?" I asked, looking straight at her eyes and keeping the eye contact.

I kept doing that through the silence she kept and realized how attractive she was. She wasn't short and she wasn't tall. Her hair was dark brown and so were her eyes with her clear skin and her beauti-

"I hate pity." She answered, turning serious and furrowing her eye brows, letting go of her smile.

"Then why did you tell me?" I asked, hoping that she wouldn't keep making me look at her.

She's attractive, but I don't like the feeling I get from her.

"Because I knew you wouldn't care." She responded, then smiled. "And I thank you for that."

She then hugged me out of no where, making my heart race from guilt and from the feeling that I don't like.

"I'll stop getting in your way and I'll stop talking to you. It's the least I can do to repay you for letting me stay here and for saving Snow... Although it's kind of useless since Snow died in the fire..." She slowly said, still in the hug.

"You don't have to do that..." I said awkwardly.

I slowly brought up my arms to start caressing her back and she hugged a bit tighter to my neck, but not right enough to hurt me.

"D.O hyung~ It's time to g-" Kai sang, opening the door to see me and Haneul hugging.

"I'll give you some time." Kai said as he winked and closed the door, leaving us frozen.

"Ah, I-I'm sorry! I didn't know what came over me, I-" she stuttered cutely.

"It's fine. We'll be leaving for work now, bye." I said, cutting her off and quickly leaving the room with my usual poker face.

While I walked down the stairs, I smiled. I miss her ridiculous personality. I find it hilarious that I can learn so much about a girl in three days and feel so much.

Lee Haneul... Why are you a happy virus like Chanyeol? Why are you so happy without trying? Why do you keep smiling?

Why are you slowly making me feel different towards you?