제 17 장: The Talk

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Haneul sat in front of Yeon Ah, nervous more than ever. They were at the café they'd usually go to. They both sat at the very back of the café, where only a few people sat. Yeon Ah stared directly into Haneul's eyes, then heaved a sigh.

"Why didn't you tell me your friends were EXO?" She asked.

Haneul knew exactly that it would be like this. "I didn't know either!" She quickly blurted out from her nervousness.

"But why didn't you tell me their names? Don't you know how much I'm dying to meet them?" Yeon Ah whined, shaking my shoulders from across the table.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen sat behind them in disguises.

"It can't be..." Baekhyun whispered to them and folded his fingers in front of his mouth while resting his elbows on the table.

"See! I knew following Haneul wasn't a bad idea." Chen cheekily smiled and high-fived himself.

"Chen, you wanted to see if her friend was hot." Chanyeol scoffed.

"Chanyeol, you know you did too!" Baekhyun disagreed.

"Well, so did you Baekhyun!"

Chen gave an all knowing smile. "So we all came here for the same reason? I guess this is Karma."

The beagle line looked towards Haneul and Yeon Ah. All the EXO members know who Yeon Ah is. They were the ones who comforted D.O the most during his hard times after the break up. When they were dating, D.O exposed all his plans to them, telling them about his girlfriend proudly and how excited he was to propose. He even used to keep a frame of her in his room. They knew how hard it was for him and how wretched she was.

"How should we explain this to D.O?"

"How about let's not explain at all."

"And what? Get beaten to death for keeping the secret?"

They all shared a look of confusion, then understanding, knowing that every choice they'd make would have a consequence.

"I'm sorry Yeon Ah... Maybe I can hook you up with one of them!" Haneul suggested, smiling.

"... You'd do that for me?" She asked, crossing her arms and softening her look.

"What the hell is Haneul doing..." Chen murmured, hiding his face with a menu and squinting his eyes.

"Yeah! Of course! You're my best friend, after all."

The three behind them watched in shock. Baekhyun abruptly stood up, gaining attention from other tables, except Haneul and Yeon Ah's.

"Someone has to stop this." He said, determined before Chanyeol pulled him down.

"Do you... By any chance have D.O's number?" Yeon Ah asked in hope, grabbing Haneul's hands.

Haneul seemed unsure. She does have his number and all the members, too. She knew that if she decided to keep his number a secret, Yeon Ah would find out anyway since she likes to roam around her phone.

She then slowly reached to grab her phone, but before she could continue...

"Oh my God! I am so sorry!" Chanyeol said in a higher pitched voice, pulling his neck warmer to his chin and looking up to prevent them from seeing his face.

He tipped over a glass of water on Haneul before quickly scrambling out of the building.

Yeon Ah stood up to help Haneul dry off her shirt. "Ugh, people these days..." Yeon Ah said in a hushed voice.

Haneul chuckled, "It's okay."

Right after she said those two words, it started raining. Yeon Ah then pulled Haneul outside and under an umbrella.

"I'll take you home, you might get sick." She said, opening the door to her car for Haneul.

Haneul smiled as a sign of appreciation and went inside.

"What did Chanyeol just do?" Baekhyun asked, frozen in his place.

"I don't know... Everything was just a flash." Chen responded.

_____-{(())}-_____

Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol all sat around Chen's room. An intense aura filled the room from roof to floor and from wall to wall. Chanyeol coughed, breaking the dead silence (except for the loud shouting from the living room and shooting sounds from games).

"She... She didn't give D.O's number, right? She might've gotten distracted from the water?" He asked, massaging his nape and looking down.

"Yeah Chanyeol. As if being in a car for about ten minutes isn't enough time to exchange numbers." Baekhyun threw sarcasm.

After a few more minutes of thinking, someone knocked on the door. Chen got up from his seat on his bed and opened the door. He jumped as if a murderer just appeared at his door way.

"D.O! Kyungsoo! Buddy! What brings you here?" He said, trying to sound as casual as he can at the moment.

"I was just wondering if you guys were going to eat lunch with us..." D.O slurred, feeling suspicious. "Is something... Bothering you?" He asked.

"Nope, nothing at all! Why do you ask?" Chen cracked a smile and leaned on the door way, revealing the other two behind him.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared an awkward smile to D.O and waved.

"If you don't want to talk about it, I understand. But don't let it keep you from eating. I'll expect to see you both down stairs in two minutes." D.O said playfully with a smile as he started to walk away, holding his chopsticks in one hand.

"Thanks for understanding! We'll be right there!" Chen assured then shut the door tightly with a small, unintended slam.

"You heard the chef! We've got to be sitting at the table in less than two minutes!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

HANEUL'S P.O.V.

Satisfied with a dry outfit to sleep in, I went to the kitchen to eat. Every meal, I always get excited to eat Kyungsoo's food.

"So what did you guys do today?" Suho asked, getting a scoop of rice to put into his soup. "I've noticed that everyone was at the dorm except Haneul, Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol."

"WEWENTTOTHEMALL!" Chanyeol spat out, earning looks from everyone at the table.

Chanyeol's acting weird today. Not only him, but Chen and Baekhyun too. They've been picking at their food as if it were some kind of experiment that could explode any moment.

"I went to see a friend." I smiled, deciding that I should put an end to all the suspicion at the table.

"That's nice." Kyungsoo said out of no where.

The two words he said caused the three suspicious men to turn into statues. Throughout the whole meal, none of us pointed it out or talked about it. We knew we'd probably get nothing out of them, no matter how much we tried.

"Excuse us..." Baekhyun suddenly said, dragging the two others with him.

Once they were out of site, Xiumin spoke up. "We need to find out what they're hiding, quickly."