제 5 장: Stay

KYUNGSOO'S P.O.V.

Once the woman's niece came out, I was shocked. All I saw were her swollen red eyes as she wore her hood and a mask. I kept examining her, while she didn't look at me. Instead, she looked straight down at the white tiles. Suddenly, the realization slapped me in the face.

"Haneul?!" I exclaimed, looking at her with my widened eyes.

Her head shot up at my voice.

"Kyungsoo...?"

Her aunt smiled happily. "Great! That means you don't have to go with a stranger!"

"You were willing to give me to a stranger?!" Haneul raised her voice and looked at her aunt with wide eyes as well.

I flinched a bit. I've never heard her shout. Although, it's only been two days since I've known Haneul.

"Well... I just wanted you to be safe..." Her aunt trailed off, suddenly finding the floor very interesting.

"But where are you going to stay?" Haneul asked, taking off her mask and her hood to reveal dry tears and unbrushed hair.

"I have a friend." She winked, then shooed us out of the store. "Contact me on your phone Haneul~!"

"W-Wait! I still haven't payed for this!" I managed to say, holding up the medicine bottle before I was out the door and thrown into the cold.

"Oh yeah," Her aunt chuckled and pulled me back to the counter.

I sighed. I feel like a rag doll, being dragged around like this...

_____-{(())}-_____

"Are you sure Kyungsoo? I'm sure I'll be a burden." Haneul said, quietly.

I sighed once again. I really don't want this to happen, but by the way her aunt asked me, she must've been desperate. Did they lose their house or something?

"I'm sure my family won't mind." I spoke, emotionlessly with my eyes facing the side walk.

"What happened to you anyway?" I asked, looking at her for the first time throughout this whole walk to the dorm.

"Earlier today my house was burnt down along with all our belongings. Now we have no where to stay and since my aunt's friend only has room for one more person, we were both just planning to secretly sleep in the staff room." She said, sniffing as she held her jacket closer to her.

"Oh... I suppose I'm sorry for your loss." I said, looking away from her again.

We were now on the drive way of our dorm. Silence was all that could be heard.

"What did I ever do to you? You're always so cold to me..." She suddenly asked.

"It's simple... I don't like you." I answered, with a harsh tone.

I walked passed her frozen body and opened the door with my keys and waited for her. She slowly walked through and walked behind me. As I walked, I felt extremely guilty. Is it because she reminds me of...? Never mind.