Cinderella Man Chaprter 21

Well... It's been a while!

I'm so sorry guys, I left you waiting again! Let's just say life's been hectic once again...

So I hope you enjoy this filler chapter, it's not overalls exciting but it helps move the story along.

So let me know what you guys think! I love hearing your feedback!

Enjoy

Emily's POV

I smile as camera after camera flashes before my eyes. I put on a smile, one that looks happy and friendly. These are not the emotions I am currently feeling.

I hold onto James's arm a little tighter, clinging on to him for support.

This is it, my official engagement announcement. This isn't how I imagined it.

When I daydreamed about getting engaged, I didn't imagine I would feel like this. I thought I would feel happy, ecstatic even. I at least imagined the smile on my face to be real and not forced.

I wish it wasn't happening like this.

James is one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He's smart and makes me laugh. He cares about me and I know I can trust him.

He's just not Sam.

Also the fact that he's gay changes things too.

"How you holding up?" I hear James whisper in my ear.

"This is torture," I whisper back.

James just laughs as he continues to smile charmingly at the camera. He looks so calm standing beside me here. This life doesn't faze him at all, he was born for this.

Sam would be a nervous wreck and the cameras would terrify him. He wouldn't be as calm as James is right now.

However, I still wish it was him standing next to me as the cameras leave flashing spots before my eyes. I would feel relaxed if Sam was next to me, his hand resting on my back.

Finally, the cameras stop flashing and it's time for the interview.

We get led into my living room where a woman is sitting on my sofa, a camera set up. Now is time for me and James to act like the smitten and happy couple.

"An honour your highness, Mr Logan, a pleasure as always," the blonde smiles at us.

"The pleasure is mine Doreen, and please call me James," he smiles, the kind of smile that has women dropping their pants the minute they see it. James is seriously charming.

"Your highness, James, you ready for this?" Doreen asks us. I'm seriously getting tired of the highness title.

"Please call me Emily, I'm too fond of being addressed as highness. Shall we begin?"

I take a seat and wait for James to sit beside me. He takes my hand and flashes the engagement ring for the camera to see.

It's a simple band with a diamond the size of the iceberg that titanic hit sitting in the middle. It's flashy and too much, but it's what's expected from royalty.

I smile at James, what I hope looks like a loving smile... It's time to play our roles.

"So, tell us how you met," Doreen asks first.

I look to James to answer this one.

"Well, we met in a coffee shop. She was wearing sunglasses and a hat, you know the usual disguise look," James jokes making Doreen giggle, "but I knew straight away that something was up... I mean it was October and cloudy and she was wearing aviators," once again making Doreen laugh.

I laugh as well, "yeah James is basically Sherlock Holmes he's that good," I giggle.

"I walked over and whispered busted in her ear," James smiles.

"Safe to say I jumped a mile... I never expected anyone would see through my amazing disguise."

"So after that I payed for her coffee and we sat down at a table... It was then she revealed her true identity," James laughs.

"You're making me sound like superhero instead of a girl who had a craving for a mocha," Doreen laughs again as she looks back and forth between us.

"I knew then and there that she was the girl for me. No one else would risk starting a stampede in the middle of London simply because they wanted a coffee."

"But boy was it a good coffee," I smile at James. I'm hoping this interview is showing the audience how In love we are instead of how good of friends we are.

"That's by far the cutest meeting story I've ever heard!" Doreen gushes, "so, how did you propose James?"

James chuckles before answering, "well..."

Sam's POV

I sit in the recording studios lounge, staring blankly at the tv screen. I want to turn it off, but I can't seem too.

Emily looks stunning as she's talking about her and James's meeting, a story I know is totally false.

I can't help but think about how our meeting story would be received. I believe it's lot better than James's and Emily's fake story. It has mystery and deceit and I believe is totally entertaining.

The story comes to an end and I hear the interviewer ask James how he proposed. I don't want to hear this and yet I still can't steal my eyes away from the television.

"Well..." James starts, "I started by taking her on the London Eye, we sipped champagne and watched the lights of London twinkle beneath us."

"It was beautiful," Emily sighs in a content way. She looks happy.

"So that's when you proposed?" The interviewer asks, I think her name is Doreen.

"No, not there. I then took her back to her house, well palace," James, Emily and Doreen laugh at that one, "and took her up to the tower that's at the back of the palace."

"It's usually a creepy place to be, but not tonight," Emily smiles at Doreen. It's not the smile I'm used to seeing, the one full of happiness and love. This one looks forced, unnatural on her beautiful face.

"I had candles and rose petals spread around everywhere."

"The candles lit up the view perfectly."

"As she was staring at the view, I got down on one knee and pulled the ring out," James says flashing the ring at the camera. It's huge and probably cost more then I will ever earn in my life.

"That ring is beautiful, you must need a forklift to lift your hand up," Doreen laughs.

Emily laughs back, gazing at her ring. "It's certainly something."

"So she's turn around and her face goes into pure shock," James laughs.

"I couldn't believe it! I was in shock. It was all so romantic and perfect. I screamed yes out before he even said anything," Emily smiles at James.

"I didn't even get to make the speech I'd prepared,"James laughs.

It's sickening to see them on the screen together, pretending that they're madly in love. It's wrong, Emily should be with someone that loves her, not someone who has to pretend. She should be with me!

I should be the one sitting next to her on that screen, flashing the ring I bought her and telling our relationship stories.

This feels wrong.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ashley walk into the room, the receptionist that works on the front desk.

She sighs as she stares at the screen.

"Isn't it so exciting, we're going to have a royal wedding!" Ashley gushes.

"Yeah," I sigh, "it's amazing."