Cinderella Man

Hey, I thought I would start a new story...

The idea came to me one day and I had to run with it!

Let me know what you all think! Is it worth keeping?!?!

Thank you for reading :)

Sam's POV

'Cause girl, you're amazing

Just the way you are, yeah.'

I finish my song with its final chord on my old, battered guitar and nod thankfully at the people clapping and putting money in my hat.

Music is my gift. My piece of survival on the harsh streets. Without my guitar, I really don't know where I would be.

I've been homeless for five years now. It all began when I was expelled from school. It was the catalyst in the chain of events that lead me here today. My father was angry, and in the moment took his anger too far. I've been living on the streets ever since.

As for being expelled, well that's a long story. A few minutes of being left alone in the science lab lead to an a small fire, which lead to a much bigger fire which eventually lead to the school needing a new science department. I was blamed for the whole thing.

I lean down and count the money I've collected today, totalling at £3.50. This should be enough for a decent meal tonight.

I hitch my bag on my back, tuck my guitar under my arm and make my way to the nearest burger van. Tonight, I'm eating well.

I buy a burger and a coke and my mouth salivates as the smell hits me. These nights are rarities, the nights where I manage to buy hot food. I mostly deal with leftovers, mostly given to me from those few friendly Londoners. To have a whole meal to myself is a treat.

I scoff down my burger until it's gone, making me wish I'd made it last longer, savoured the taste of it.

Feeling slightly less empty, I move on, trying to find somewhere dry and quiet to sleep for the night, but I have to be quick, it's getting too dark, and cold.

Finally, after examining many different potential sleeping spots, I found one that should work perfectly. A bench sits in the middle of a park facing a view that makes me catch my breathe at its beauty. A fountain cascades water from the top, creating a trickling sound that I find relaxing. The fountain is decorated with beautiful flowers of all different colours and finishes off the picture perfect view. I could easily fall asleep in a place like this.

I take off my backpack and settle myself down on the tiny bench.

I wrap my sleeping bag around me, a treasure item I managed to buy in my first year on the streets right before I ran out of all my money. It's a saviour on nights like this.

All things considered I believe that today has been a good day. I managed to earn more money then I usually do, buy a hot meal and a decent drink and to top it all off, I managed to find the most beautiful place to call my home tonight.

All in all, it could be worse.

Emily's POV

I snuggle deeper into my king sized bed, wrapping my thick duvet tighter around me, trying to forget everything I've just overheard.

It appears that I have to be married before my twentieth birthday, before I can be Queen.

This ruling is unfair and sexist. They wouldn't be telling a future King to do this; they wouldn't tell him that he needs a Queen to rule the country.