Cinderella Man Chapter 11

Oh god, please don't kill me...

Wow, it's been a while since I was last on this story. Sorry for being a bitch and abandoning you all... I really am a twat.

The worst part is, I don't even have a good excuse as to why I left you all hanging since July... I'm such a bad person.

But guess what baby, I'M BACK!!

This story will continue and I will finish. This is me basically signing a contract to you, promising you that I will not leave you again. If I do, feel free to scream abuse...

I promised myself when I first started writing books on here, that even if only one person was reading my book, I would continue writing for them. So even if my number of readers on this book plummet to only a few people, I will continue.

So here is chapter number 11, and I nearly cried writing it...

Break out the tissues guys, I'm afraid this one is a tear jerker....

Sam's POV

She loves me, she says she loves me!

I could have been sure the break up was coming. The way she was looking at the guy she had lunch with stopped my heart from beating; she looked at me like that sometimes.

But she didn't, she did the opposite in fact.

"You love me?" I ask.

"With all my heart," she whispers, pulling the sleeping bag tighter around her as she tries to fight the cold.

She actually loves me.

But as I sit here and watch her shiver, I notice something sickening.

This isn't right.

She's sitting here right now, freezing in the cold wind, when she should be in that palace in her bed, safe and warm. It's not right for her to love me.

I can't even offer her four walls to keep her warm. All I can offer her it seems is a flimsy sleeping bag, which is doing jack shit right now to protect her from the cold air.

How can she love me, the homeless guy, when there's so many people that she could easily fall in love with. They have central heating, a house, food, money, and all the necessities in life. I have none of these.

This love can't be real; no one could love me; not when I have anything to give them in return.

But that's not true.

The only thing I can offer Emily right now is my love in return.

I don't know if this will be enough to make her want to stay, or if this will be enough to keep her at my side, but it's the best I can do.

"I love you too..." I smile down at her.

A smile similar to mine spreads across her face as she bites down on her bottom lip. That action really makes me want to bite down on it also.

So I do.

I lean down, and take her lips as my own. She's shocked at first as our lips meet, before slowly sinking into the action and kissing me in return.

Kissing Emily is the most beautiful thing in the world. It's better than the sound of birds singing, better than a hot meal when you haven't had one in a while.

Kissing Emily is like sunshine.

Even sitting here in the minus degrees wind, her kiss warms me up. It starts a fire in my chest and spreads it everywhere else, until suddenly I'm warm. I don't feel the cold when I'm kissing her; it's like I've suddenly been transported somewhere warmer.