Cinderella Man Chapter 12

I'm the worst Wattpad author alive!

I'm continue to promise you guys faster uploads and I fail you everytime! I'm ashamed!

Heads up, I go on holiday on Monday for 2 and a half weeks, so I can't promise a quick upload and prove to you guys that I can do it! But when I come back, I will write a chapter and have it up, I promise!

I wish this chapter was better so than I wouldn't feel this bad about the long wait. I wish I had wrote a chapter that was worth the million years it took me to upload it! But it's crappy and I'm sorry!

I hope you enjoy the upload anyway!

Thank you all for reading!

Enjoy :)

Emily's POV

I shove another spoon of chocolate ice cream into my mouth as the romance movie plays in front of me. The lead is telling the love of his love that he loves her and now they're kissing.

I feel like screaming at the screen and throwing my ice cream at it. But that would mess up my carpet and I'm enjoying the ice cream too much to see it on the floor. The movie still frustrates me enough that I feel something should be thrown at it.

How is that fair? Why do the characters get to be happy and I don't? How come they're allowed to be in love with who they choose?

I've never resented my title as much as I do now.

Right now, as I'm watching the main character fall in love, I wish that I wasn't the future Queen of this country.

I wish I was just a normal woman. Someone who has a normal job and earns a normal wage. Someone who can go anywhere they want and not be recognised for their title.

But I'm not that person.

I am royalty, and however much I hate that fact, I have to accept it. Nothing's changing anytime soon.

And no matter how much I wish I was more normal, it won't bring Sam back either.

He's truly gone.

I haven't seen him in a couple of days. I've gone and sat on our bench every day for hours, wrapped tightly in his sleeping bag that still smells like him, just hoping he'll come back. He hasn't.

I guess he doesn't want to be with me anymore. I guess I wasn't enough to make him stay. I guess he really wasn't made for me.

Even as I think this, I dismiss it.

I know from the bottom of my heart that Sam and I are made for each other. I don't know how I know it, I just do.

Maybe it's the way I feel when I'm around him. The amount of butterflies that dance in my stomach. Or the way my heart rate increases every time he smiles. Maybe it's the chocolate brown eyes that rein me in and don't let me go. Or maybe it's all this and more; all the things that added up make Sam.

I just know that I miss him like crazy.

"You have a visitor," my mother's voice comes through my speaker. Unfortunately, as soon as I broke it, someone came and put a new one in.

I stand up and walk over to the little machine.

"I don't want to see anyone..." I mutter.

"I think you want to see this person..."

My heartbeat increases at the thought of Sam standing in our foyer waiting for me to come and see him. Has he come back for me?

A smile spreads across my face without my permission as I lean in to answer.