Cinderella Man chapter 5

So here you go, the ball scene! He's finally going to find out!!

I hope I haven't left you waiting too long for it

Thank you so much for reading, let me know what you think... Vote and comment!

Thank you

Enjoy :)

Sam's POV

The guard at the gate gives me a once over look, then looks at my formal invitation. He nods in acceptance then opens the gate for me to enter the main doors of the palace along with hundreds of other guys.

Everywhere you look here, guys are filing into different doors, all looking so formal in their evening wear.

If my mum was here, she would be eyeing up my competition, telling me I could take these guys on any day, I know she would.

Wow, so many men.

I didn't even know there could be so many people in one place, so many different pairs of eyes, so many dreams for the Princess's hand in marriage.

Me not being one of them.

Me, I want my Isabelle, my park time beauty.

The palace inside is grand, completely stunning. Famous relatives line the walls, all of the Royal family's ancestors staring at you from the giant walls. This place is truly amazing.

Different guys give me evil looks, sizing me up as their competition. I really don't care for all this; I'm not the competitive type. So I just stroll along down the long corridor down to a set of daunting wooden doors, smiling at all the guys that seem to already have a disliking for me.

Finally, I reach the wooden doors that men are already going through. This is it isn't it? The moment that Derek has been preparing me for.

I really wish I wasn't here.

Emily's POV

Man after man piles through the doors, all smiling charmingly in my direction. Some of these guys are seriously handsome, actually most of them are, but none of them have anything on Sam.

I'm scanning the crowd like a maniac, searching all the handsome faces for one in particular. Please god, don't let him flip.

There, I see him, he's here. Just emerging from the crowd, right at the back.

I can honestly say that the sight of him just took my breathe away.

He's standing at the back of the room, looking around and trying to blend in.

He's wearing a simple black and white suit, making him look like a man, a gentleman.

His hair is cut perfectly, making him look mature, and there's not a single piece of stubble gracing his face.

He's stunning.

He hasn't looked at me yet, he still doesn't know. Oh god my heart is pounding in my ears, threatening to burst out of my chest.

Is it normal to be this nervous for something as simple as telling the truth, it surely shouldn't be this hard should it?

I think I'm gonna be sick.

"Emily sweetheart, calm down. Come on deep breathes now; it's all going to be alright. There's going to be someone in here for you. You just have to go out there and find him. So go..." my mother encourages, pushing me gently into the crowd of men.

Yeah, listen to your mother Emily, you can do this.

I can't take one step in this crowd without guys curtsying or kissing my hand. But I'm only heading for one place; it's time to see Sam.