- Chapter 5 -

~ AARON'S POV ~

 My phone started ringing while I was eating. I took it out of my pocket, and of course, it was Chloe. Of course I wanted to talk to her, but I was scared of what she was going to say. I didn't know if she was going to be mad at me.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back. I need to take this call." I got up from the table and walked outside the restaurant.

"Hey babe! How are yo-" I was cut off by her.

"How could you do that?"

"Do what baby?"

"Don't play dumb, Aaron. How could you just leave without telling me? You think it's okay just to leave a note?"

"Chloe, just calm down, let me talk to you."

"Aaron, you're gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye to you."

"I know baby, and I'm sorry, but-"

"How long have you known about this trip?"

"I found out yesterday."

"Why didn't you just tell me last night?"

"I totally forgot about it. I was too busy thinking about you, and our special night." My eyes started getting watery. I felt bad for what I did. I should have just told her last night.

"Aaron, you know that even if it upsets me, I wouldn't be mad at you. You can't control the dates Bart chooses."

"I'm sorry baby. Are you mad at me?"

"No, I mean, maybe a little." Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I missed her. I wanted to wrap my arms around her. I missed her a lot.

"Baby, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay."

"Bye baby!"

"Bye."

"Love yo-" Just as I was about to say that, she hung up. Something about Chloe seemed weird. The tone or something about her voice seemed different. I think she was mad at me. But she deserves to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note from Rae:

Okay, this is the forth short chapter in a row, and I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to make the chapters as long as I possibly can. I promise some upcoming chapters will be longer. Just please hang in there.

- Rae