Chapter Sixteen

Louis walked through the door of the restaurant, stepping in and smiling when he instantly saw his friends. 

"Hey, Louis!" Savannah squealed, running up to Louis like she hadn't seen him four hours before. She hugged him tight, whispering in his ear, "Harry has been all anxious and stutter-y because it took you so long. He was worried. How adorable is that?" 

Louis smiled softly and squeezed Savannah, letting her go when she finally decided Louis should breathe. Louis' eyes lifted to look into Harry's, an instant grin placed on both of their faces. Harry stood up and handed Louis a bouquet of flowers and a heart-shaped box of chocolates. 

"Hello, Valentine," Harry muttered, repeating the words in a low hum. Louis smiled and took the flowers and chocolates, placing a quick kiss onto Harry's cheek. Harry blushed deep red and bit his lip to hide a smile. Louis grinned and placed the presents onto the table next to him, pulling a small box out of his pocket. 

"And-d ri-right-t h-here, V-Valent-tine, is-s m-my pr-present-t f-for you-ou," Louis said, handing the box to Harry, who lifted an eyebrow at it. He opened it slowly and smiled wide when his eyes caught the golden object. 

"Oh, it's a bracelet! Thank you, Louis, that's extremely thoughtful. I was gonna go out and buy us some matching ones so we could be a right couple," Harry said, pulling Louis into a hug, kissing the top of his head while he was pulling away. 

"N-no b-biggie, H-Harry-y," Louis said, ducking his head down when Savannah and Georgia cooed. It was then that he noticed Zayn, Niall, and Liam weren't here. It was pretty understandable if Liam  didn't want to be here, because of his problems with germs. But it was a mystery why the others weren't there. "Wh-where's-s Z-Zayn-n and-d th-them-m?" Louis asked, sitting down next to Harry, pouring some water from a pitcher into his glass. 

As he was taking a sip, Savannah and Georgia looked between each other worriedly, like they knew something Louis wasn't supposed to know. Louis raised an eyebrow at the two, and then at Harry, who looked just as suspicious. He ran his foot slowly up Harry's leg, making him choke on the bread he was eating. 

"L-Louis, stop-p!" Harry stammered out quietly, placing his bread onto his napkin. Louis just smirked and continued to move his foot until it was behind Harry's knee, tickling the skin there. "Okay! Okay! Fine! Stop teasing me, you doof. Zayn and Niall had a fight over Liam's little crush thing because Liam wanted to bring the girl to dinner. So, they're not coming. And Liam feels so guilty, he isn't sure whether he wants to come to, or not," Harry answered, sipping on his water afterwards. 

Savannah rolled her eyes and angrily bit into a roll, scooping butter onto each bite. "You weren't supposed to know because none of us wanted to ruin tonight for you. Because we all know it's special to you. And your sister texted me saying that you were getting all...Louis-like," Savannah noted, picking at one of her nails. 

Louis groaned, and said, "O-oh, y-yes-s, of-f c-course-se, m-m-my own-n s-sis-ster is-s t-t-turn-ning-ing ag-gains-st m-me." 

Savannah giggled and sipped at her diet Coke, which a waitress had just arrived with. 

"Hello, guys, welcome to John's Gardens. I see you have a new guest at the table. While you are ordering your food, do you want to order a drink, too, love?" the waitress had asked, a southern American accent strong in her voice. Louis had just nodded, and she smiled. "Okay, doll. Who would like to go first?" 

Savannah quickly rattled off hers and Georgia's orders, making Georgia smile. The waitress caught the exchange and smacked her lips while smiling. 

"Are y'all on a double date, then?" she had asked, smiling as Savannah and Harry nodded eagerly. "Well, ain't that just the cutest thing ever. It's nice seeing such open people now-a-days. I wish you guys the best of luck. Any-who, what would you like, darling?"