Chapter One (Rewrite)

Lunch had always been a particular type of Hell for Louis. Even when he was a child and things were easier, he had hated lunchtime. For obviously different reasons than now, of course. When he was younger, all Louis really had to worry about was what his mum had packed him for lunch. And, of course, which group of friends he was going to sit with and play with at lunch. Everyday, it seemed like Louis got in trouble with one of his friends because he didn't eat or play with them. 

Now, though, Louis had to worry about so much more. Lunch was after English on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. On the other days it was right after his Maths class. He always had third period lunch, when the only food left was what the first two period lunches didn't care for. So, usually it was sandwiches, salads, a little bit of the main dish, and pizza. But Louis was always the last person out of the classroom, whether he liked it or not. So, he got the most undesired parts of lunch; pizza and salads, mostly. 

Louis would most likely than not choose pizza, since he was able to get a side with that, and not with the rather tiny salad. After choosing out his pizza and usual side of Mandarin oranges, Louis would venture out into the court to find a place to sit. When Niall had the same lunch as him, Louis would go and sit with him. 

Niall was one of Louis' only friends. He was a new student from Ireland whom had joined in the middle of the year. It made Niall stand out from everyone else. Everyone knew who everyone was and where they belonged. Niall, however, knew no one and no one knew him, making him an outcast. And not just any outcast, because even they had a place to be; with each other. Niall was in the same place as Louis was; the forgotten outcasts. Louis used to eat his lunch on the loo, hidden in a dingy, dark stall. But he ended up running into (literally) Niall on the way to the bathrooms. They introduced each other and they hadn't separated since. 

But on days where there was no Niall, and no open area for Louis to sit in a stall, he was left wondering where to go. Louis had to eat lunch, because he would become practically paralysed from shaking so hard. And really, school was hard enough when Louis wasn't vibrating at his desk. It was really difficult to find a place, though. Sometimes Louis was accepted into the teacher's lounge, but Fridays were their meeting days. Due to privacy problems, he was not allowed in there on Fridays. 

Louis had absolutely nowhere to go on Fridays. 

It was the same problem as always as Louis looked around the court, trying to find an empty table. But, because of Mr. Langston speech, Louis had been the last one in the food line. That meant that everyone else had grabbed their food and found a place to be. A place where Louis just was not allowed. 

Louis sighed and walked away from the court, hoping to find a place in the toilets. Of course, there wasn't a place there, either. Louis was contemplating asking a teacher if he could just wear headphones or something when Louis noticed a boy walk into the library with a lunch tray. Louis furrowed his eyebrows, confused. No one was allowed in the library with food. Louis wasn't even sure if students were allowed in there during lunch at all. That was usually a time when people with online classes got their work done, meaning no one else could be in there. 

Louis walked over to the library window, looking through it. He watched the boy walk up to Ralph, the librarian, and tell him something. Ralph laughed, patting the boy's shoulder before pointing towards the stairs. The boy fixed his dark brown, practically black, hair before walking off to the stairs. He climbed them quickly, taking two steps at a time. He moved up them with ease, like he had done that same thing every single day. Then, he disappeared someplace around the corner. Louis could no longer see him, making him disappointed. He wanted to know where the boy had run off to. Louis was sure he had seen the boy before, maybe in his art or writing classes. But he was always too shy to talk to anyone. It was no wonder why Louis didn't have more friends. Niall had to wait a week for Louis to say anything else other than his name and class schedule.