One Shot: The Beginning

This is based on the old D-D-D-Did I Stutter, and not Stutter. Might be some mistakes. Idk. This is just something short. Really short. And cute. Have fun with it. XD

Harry woke up one morning, tired, sick, and done with the world. It was like this every single first day of school. He didn't want to get up and do anything, which was all a side effect of being picked on, he supposed. Ever since the death of his father, things hadn't been the same, especially in his household. Harry sighed, finally peeling himself from his bed, hoping that today was going to be better. Even though he didn't have very  many friends, only one named Zayn, he wanted today to just go well. He supposed he didn't need friends to make everything better for himself. Maybe he could go a day without being bullied by anyone. 

When Harry went downstairs into the kitchen, his mother was frying up some eggs and his sister was at the table, poking at her cereal like it was some random object and not Lucky Charms. Harry sat down across from Gemma, sighing softly.

"What's for breakfast?" Harry asked, repeating the last word a couple of times. 

So...it was going to be one of those days. 

"Just some eggs and I have a couple rolls that you can butter up," Anne replied, sniffling a little. She had been sick for a good week, which worried Harry and Gemma a bit, but they were sure it would pass at some point. 

"Alright," Harry mumbled. He looked up at Gemma, who had finally put some food in her mouth, chewing very, very slowly. She had always been the most affected by their father. He sighed, shaking his head a little. 

Breakfast was soon served and Harry was out the door, his bag on his back and a bus token in his hand. He was going to be a little bit later than he usually was, since he missed the first bus schedule on accident, but he supposed that was fine. He was going to be a new student at the secondary school, as was everyone else his age. If he couldn't find his classes on time, he doubted anyone would hold it against him.

Harry jogged down the walk, trying to get to the bus station on time. He didn't want to miss it again, resulting him in being an hour late. When he arrived, the bus hadn't come yet. He let out a breath of relief and looked at the few others that were around. Harry recognised a few faces from the year before, but most of them seemed to be older than Harry. They were probably year twelves, as all the year thirteens he knew drove cars or had friends that did. 

Instead of conversing with them like most others did, Harry sat down and pulled out a book, noticing he had about five minutes to kill before the bus were to come. He had never been much of a reader before, but now that's all Harry ever seemed to do. He didn't have any friends to really hang out with or anything. There were a couple people who kind of talked to him and treated him like a human being. They were far and few from being his friends. He only had Zayn and Zayn only had a couple of people from a couple other schools. 

Maybe they could all eat lunch together or something. 

When the bus arrived, Harry placed his book back into his bag, then threw it on, getting onto the bus slowly. He was the last one on, which seemed to irritate the bus driver. Harry sighed and went to the back of the bus, which started going before he could even sit down, causing him to fall forward and drop his bag. A few things spilled out, and instead of helping him, everyone just laughed. Even the one person he recognised from his fifth year English class was chuckling at him. Harry had thought the boy was rather nice, but not now, as he sat on his bruised knees and gathered up all of the supplies. He sat down in an empty seat, then dug out his MP3 player, just wanting to get away for a bit. School was about another twenty minutes.