Chapter Three (Rewrite)

The hallway was long, lined with flickering lights that were obviously missed by the renovations ten years ago. The only new thing about them seemed to be the flickering, old light-bulbs in them. The walls were an awkward shade of blue-green-grey. Pale with specks of random shades of greens and grays, but off in a dirty sort of way. Louis was certain that the janitor never cleaned the upstairs of the school. All of the hallways of the upstairs had cobwebs forming in the corners, except for on days when special people made their rounds.

The carpet sunk in as Louis stood there, looking down the hallway. It threw Louis off, since the whole entire school was either tiled or wooded, not carpeted due to how hard it was to clean. Which was proven to be true considering there was dirt collecting on the ground. Three wooden doors lined the left side while only two on the other. A door at the end of the hall drew Louis' attention, but it was labeled 's af on y', some of the letters scratched off from how old they were.

Despite how dirty and gross looking the hallway was, Louis was oddly comforted. It was nice looking, and invited Louis to walk down it. A smile came across Louis' face as he walked down it, towards the room that Ralph told him to go to. A crooked sign was taped to the door with pink zebra striped duct tape. Louis read the sign, furrowing his eyebrows at it.

"Outk-kasts?" he read slowly, confusion not settling. What was an 'outkast'? Louis hummed and looked at the rainbow coloured lettering. Every other letter was capitalised to read as 'OuTkAsT', each letter in a different kind of font. Louis let out a soft sigh and ignored the colourful sign. This was the room that Ralph told him to go to. This was where Louis was going to make some new friends, he was sure of it.

Louis reached a hand out and grasped the cool, bronze doorknob. The coolness of the knob made Louis more aware of what he was doing. Suddenly he was nervous. Louis gulped and turned the knob, opening the door slowly. He peeked inside of the room, seeing there were five people inside of the room. Three of them males, two of them females.

The two females were squeezed into one chair, one with a pink zebra striped top on (obviously the one who chose the duct tape) was draped over the other girl, who was wearing all black. Her hair was the only colourful thing about her, all decked out in rainbow colours, sans her eye-shadow, which was a bright pink colour with thick eyeliner making a cat-eye shape. The one with the zebra shirt had a brown pixie cut, one that was almost so short, it was like she had a buzzcut. It looked great on her, though, as she was very pixie-like. She was tiny and curvy, tan with bright green eyes and gorgeous features. If Louis wasn't gay, he would've been really attracted to the girl. Both of them, really, because they were both gorgeous.

The girl with rainbow coloured hair was the first to notice Louis standing in the doorway. A look of confusion came upon her face, followed by an overjoyed smile. This smile was what got the rest of people to look directly at Louis. The boy bit his lip, leaning against the door-frame. He hadn't meant to interrupt, or for attention to be brought to him. If anything, he wanted to be as invisible as possible. Louis wasn't the type of person who liked to make big impacts and people's lives.

"Hi! Welcome! Come on in, love! We won't bite," Rainbow-Hair said, the bright smile never leaving her face. Louis smiled back uncomfortably, edging his way into the room. He waved at the people staring at him as he shut the door.

"H-Hello. My-y name-me is Lou-ouis," Louis greeted, smiling a little bigger.