Chapter Three

(A/N: PLEASE READ! So, I'm sorry if this chapter ends up a little short. I really want it to be fifty pages long, because you guys deserve it, but I'm just really stressed out. I just don't really know what to do about it at this point anymore. So, that's making it hard to write a lot and update. So I'm sorry for that. Also, someone is making me a one shot for this story, and it's going to be the background of the OuTkAsTs and that's awesome! I just wanna say now, if you want to make some kind of fanart or fan-stories for anything I write, just tell me and I'd love to check it out! So draw away and I will feature it either on my message board or in one of the chapters! And if you write a fan-story, you bet I'll read the heck out of it! Now to the chapter!)

Louis' life at home would be completely normal if he didn't have a stutter. He had four younger half-sisters, two loving parents, and a house that could fit all seven of them comfortably. But, because he had a stutter, he had four younger half-sisters who treated him badly, two loving parents who didn't love him as much as they could and house that could fit them comfortably, but didn't because there was always some kind of argument about something, usually on the topic of Louis' disability.

The only way for Louis to ever get out of the house was to either go for a walk, or to go to the library. In his neighborhood he felt safe, because he was safe there. There was barely anyone there, and the people who do live there are always outside, doing something. If something bad were to happen to him, someone would help him.

Or at least he hopes someone would.

And the library was safe because no matter what, he could just escape to some other world within a book.

But today, Louis was leaving his house to go over to Zayn's house, which wasn't that far away from his. It wasn't exactly walking distance, but it wasn't so far away that Louis would be sitting in a car forever. Louis was very excited to go out and do something new. When he had first met his new group of friends, even though they all hit it off right away, Louis was still worried that they just wouldn't work. That at some point they would all realize that Louis just wasn't a very good person to hang out with.

Although they really had no room to talk, since they did call themselves the OuTkAsTs, Louis was still a big loser, due to obvious reasons. He was afraid that the whole group would get tired of his annoying stuttering, or of his shyness, or anything else wrong with him.

He was trying to push the thoughts to the back of his mind, though, because Louis was going over to a friend's house, which he hadn't been able to say in years now. And the look on his parents' faces when he said so was just priceless. They looked so happy, and proud of him. Which is a look Louis had seen, but never received himself. It was usually given to his overachieving step-sisters, who were in about a thousand sports each and always was on honor roll.

Well.

Look who was getting a look now.

Ha.

There were problems with this whole arrangement, though. Because when can Louis' life ever go right without some kind of problem arising? The boys had planned on going out to a restaurant, which sounded innocent enough, but really wasn't the best place to boost your self-confidence. Louis hated going out in public in general, but going out to eat was the worst. His parents refused to ever order for him, because they still had the twisted thought that his stuttering was going to get better with practice. So, Louis was left there in the spotlight, trying to order from the menu without the waitress or waiter getting irritated with him and just leaving. Most of the time, Louis would just point to what he wanted, instead of actually saying it. But that was soon something never to do again, because every time he did so, he would get the worst glares from his parents. Although it happened a lot, Louis still hated being the responsible one for his parents' embarrassment.