Chapter Eight

Louis walked through the halls, weaving through the people passing him with expertise. At this point in his life, he has had to dodge many things like fists and kicks from jocks, even smacks from underclassman girls who he doesn't even know, so he's used to maneuvering around things. Mainly people. As he was doing so, Louis started thinking about the upcoming winter holiday. It was only three days away, and he was very excited. Lately, his family had spent more time with him, so the thought of spending a whole two weeks with them was nice. And for once, he was actually excited for his birthday and Christmas, which happened to be right next to each other (he'll forever curse his Christmas Eve birthday).

As he was weaving through, he bumped into someone. A small, measly girl with blond curls and light blue eyes. She stared up to him and Louis stared down at her. She gave a small wave, smiling slightly, and even though she was looking nice and friendly, happy as could be, there was still a bit of fear in her eyes. But, nevertheless, Louis still smiled back, giving a small wave. She was obviously new, and Louis wasn't going to ruin this for him. Maybe he could make new friends with someone.

"H-hello, I'm L-Louis-is T-Tomlinson. S-sorry for run-nning into you-ou," Louis said, pulling the girl up with his hand in hers. She smiled up to him, because even when standing, she was still small, only about five foot five inches. Louis looked her up and down, studying her hipster-y jumper with a pink triangle on it with odd fonts and texts, and shorts that showed the pockets of the chopped jeans, and her blue Keds that were scuffed up and dirtied. "Y-you do know we h-h-have-ve a uni-uniform-m, r-ight?" Louis asked, motioning to a group of girls who walked back with a long blue skirt, button-up shirt with a frilled collar, and black dress shoes. The girl blushed and nodded.

"Well, yeah, now I do. The school didn't notify my mum or me about this whole...uniform thing. I thought moving to London and going to a public school would free me from my uniform private school. But I guess not," the girl said, American accent coming out in a lisp. Louis chuckled, shaking his head.

"N-no, lots-s of sc-schools-s h-here-re h-have un-unif-forms," he said, leaning against his locker, which the two happened to stop at. "Wh-wh-what's your name?" The girl blushed a little, forgetting that part of the conversation completely.

She cleared her throat, then answered, "Savannah. Savannah Outen. I'm from California, and no, we don't all surf and wear Abercrombie & Fitch. I actually really hate surfing, love shopping at thrift stores, and I care a lot about my education, unlike how movies like to portray us." She smiled at the end, straightening her jumper at the end. Louis looked Savannah up and down again, stopping at the triangle again.

"Y-you g-get that at a thr-thrift sh-shop?" Louis asked, pointing at the jumper that was wrapped loosely around her. Wasn't she freezing in those short shorts, even though she had the jumper? Crazy girl.

Savannah looked down at her shirt and blushed, shaking her head. "N-no. I, uh. I actually got it from a straight/gay alliance at my school. It was one of the only ones in my whole town, so I went to it all the time. They ended up giving me this. The pink triangle is a popular sign in the LGBT community. It's kind of like a 'in your face' sign. Back during World War two, Adolf Hitler ordered the Nazis to put these upside-down pink triangles on all of the gay men. He was the one who started the whole pink is for girls and blue is for boys thing, too. Because gay men are seen as flamboyant and girly to people. Well, that's just a stereotype, and I disagree...I'm sorry, I'm talking too much. It's just a triangle," Savannah rambled, pushing a chunk of hair behind her ear.

Louis grabbed his Maths and English book from his locker, stuffing it into the bag hanging from his shoulder. He turned to Savannah, smiling at her sweetly. "D-don't w-worry-y about-t it. I a-asked and you t-told. And-d that-t was in-interesting-ing, act-actually. I'm g-gay and didn't kn-kn-know that-t," Louis said, shutting his locker and spinning the lock connected to it.