Chapter 13(Training second part)

This cave was quite different from their previous endeavour and it had a special charm about it. The party trailed slowly with Kai leading the group and Charles bringing up the rear.

"The mouth of the cave looked welcoming..." Tom half joked.

"Yeah... Welcoming, indeed." Maria hit him lightly on the head.

"Ow!" Tom scowled but chose not to argue further, this time.

The cave But extended to a wide arena that looked obscure. They were left breathless at the magnificence of the place.

Sunlight raked in through numerous tiny holes on the roof of the cave. They sort of formed a circle around the arena. 'The freaks' examined each and every detail of the place. All eyes fell at the centre of the place that appeared holy. Tall withered pillars encircled that particular area. They moved cautiously as they approached it slowly and steadily.

"Could anyone have guessed that such a wonderful place would exist beyond the silhouettes of darkness of the cave?" Genus remarked.

"Exactly..." Tea chimed in.

"Hmmm...." Kai pondered, looking at his friends. "Maybe there's more to this."

"There always is..." Sara added.

Tom accidentally stepped on a squared platform. A loud resounding click was heard.

"Whoops!"

"Tom!" Maria glared at him. He simply shrugged.

"Guys, we must find a way quick..." Charles remarked as he gestured them to peer above.

"Something wrong?" Genus asked of him.

"Oh....my.....goodness!" Sara exclaimed.

The roof of the cave had fresh cracks on them and it was spreading quickly.

They hurried to find a way out only to find the mouth of the cave closed by a huge boulder falling from above.

"It wasn't there before." Charles sulked.

Tea caught his hand and saved him just in time from a spiked stone that dropped from nowhere.

"Let's go back to the altar." Kai yelled above the noise of the hollering sound from the cracks.

And s0, they darted as fast as they could, back to the tomb.

"So, do you have a plan?" Tom half panted, half asked of Kai.

"As a matter of fact, I do." Kai proceeded to examine the tomb.

"Kai..." Charles pointed above to the already crumpling roof. "Just a reminder. We don't have much time."

Sara put her hand on his shoulder. "Kai, take your time. We believe in you."

He smiled as something appeared on the tomb's engravings.

A symbol..........

Of hope..... Of endurance......

Cynthia's eyes brightened.

"Let's push this tomb together." She immediately resorted to the action while others followed immediately.

Putting their strength and their hopes together, their body overflowing with energy, the tomb gradually moved to the other side, revealing a hidden stairway.

"Glad you found it mate." Charles patted his shoulder as they hurried towards their newfound passage.

"Thank you." Kai matched his pace with Sara so that they could chat.

Sara tilted her head to the side. "What for?"

Kai smiled. "For believing in me."

Sara returned his smile. "No prob... We always believe in you, buddy."

"Guess this must be the sacred burial ground of the Egyptians, right?" Cynthia asked Genus.

"Yup." Genus nodded. "See those golden artefacts, the jewelleries? They must belong to the person buried here."

There was no need for extra lighting. Those treasures gleamed with an extraordinary radiance that brightened up the whole place.

"He must have been a king to have these possessions." Maria stated.

"That too, a very important one." Charles speculated.

"Watch out!" Tom stopped Kai and Sara just in time at the edge of a collapsing pathway.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, comrades." Tom said in a lively tone.

Kai was inspecting the edge.

"Woah! Another bottomless adventure?" Charles sighed!

"No. We must cross this." Kai stated.

"Can you guys jump?" He asked of them.

"Wait....a....minute!" Genus had a troubled expression. "Are you sure of this?"

Tom stood up for Kai. "If he thinks so, surely we can. I'm going first."

Maria stared at him like she had noticed him for the first time. Her eyes glimmered across her dirt stained face.

"Here I go." Tom hollered as he leapt for the other side. The others watched in anticipation as he was quite a distance away from reaching the other edge. He knew he was falling but his spirit was indomitable. He reached his hands out as if to grab the edge of the other side. He experienced an immense force that literally dragged him to the edge.

Faith had won this time as well.

Tom had a glint of achievement as his hands grabbed the edge and waved for his friends to follow. One by one all of them had reached the other side safe and sound.

"Whew! That was awesome." Tom remarked.

"You did well." Maria came up from behind him.

Tom had an utterly surprised expression.

"Well, um...thank you. I think this is the first time you ever praised me."

Maria didn't know how to reply. So she bolted up to pair with Cynthia instead.

Tom saw her blush and continued chatting with Genus, his eyes wandering over Maria from time to time.

They heard a clatter of metals and immediately halted to listen.

Kai put his sword before Sara just in time, to block a sword that flew towards her from nowhere.

"What in the world..." Tea spoke as they unsheathed their weapons.

*A/N: Well, what do ya'all think?? Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for the next exciting endeavour. Till then.............*