Chapter 11 (Knight in shining armour)

Without any hesitation, Tom launched towards the monster with his flicker chopper.

He couldn't understand why his heart twitched so badly when he saw Maria being hurt. They always quarelled and hit each other most of the time.

He rushed towards the monster while his blade clashed with the monsters katana. The monster deflected his every move but Tom didn't give up.

Everytime he attacked, his mind led him towards a series of emotions, he thought he had forgotten. A drop of tear escaped from his eye as his mind replayed the memories that had been locked up in his heart for so long.

*****************Flashback***********************

Give me my candy back!" a little girl of about five years, was crying on the ground, bullied by two older boys that looked tough.

Then another group of boys came about. One of them was a bright blonde boy. He was hanging out with his kiddo friends when he saw that chubby little girl crying.

One of the boys was teasing her.. "If you want it, come get it from me." licking her candy.

The girl cried even more.

He felt a sense of sympathy for the little girl who was about his age. Without any second thoughts he went over to the girl while his friends protested and told him not to mess with the bullies.

The girl was startled at first when she saw someone standing before her in a protective stance. "Don't mess around. Buy her a new candy at once." That bright blonde boy said to the two bullies sternly. That brought a smile upon the little girl's face.

She had no friends and didn't expect anyone to help her.

'Yay! My knight in shining armour.' She inwardly thought.

"Get out of the way." The bullies were definitely enraged. By this time, his friends had ran away. But his spirits weren't let down.

"Leave the girl alone." He stood up to them, receiving a punch on his face.

"Noooo..." The girl ran over to her knight(she called him so) who had been pushed to the ground.

"I'm okay." The boy smiled at her and ran back to the bullies. He got beaten everytime but he didn't give up.

"Do you ever give up?" The bullies were tired of his game and walked away.

"This seems to be your lucky day." They sneered at the girl.

The girl crawled to the boy who was still recovering from the last blow. "Hey, are you okay?"

She looked at him concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine." The boy meekly replied with a grin.

"Thank you. Oh, my name is Maria." She held out her hand.

"That's a lovely name. My name's Tom." He held out his hand but noticing his hand was dirty, rubbed it with the brim of his shirt and shook his hand with hers.

"Hey, I'll buy you a candy." Tom suggested.

"Nah, you already helped me too much." The girl said innocently.

"Aww come onnnn!" Tom literally dragged her to a candy shop and bought her one.

"Thank you. Arigato Tom." Maria sorta blushed.

They sat in a wooden bench beside a park together for sometime. Then the time came to say their good-byes.

"Maria, let's play tomorrow together, shall we? " Tom asked her in high spirits.