Chapter 3

They could never forget that incident. And they learned a lot from this experience.

Kai turned to his friends and spoke up. "Will you come for a meeting at my house tomorrow?"

All his friends nodded at the same time.

"Tomorrow then, at 9 o'clock. " Kai waved his hand as he turned away.

A smile tugged at each of their lips as they parted ways, to their respective homes. Kai was very happy to have them as friends. He walked with Charles upto the alleyway that separated them because their houses were in opposite directions.

"See ya later, buddy." Charles gave a wide smirk and quickly head off towards his house.

"Hmm.." was all Kai expressed as he slowly walked up the path that led to his home.

Sara and Maria always used to go together as their houses were in the same locality and that afternoon too, they were going home together. For a moment, none of the two spoke. Then Sara questioned Maria, "Are you going somewhere this winter with your parents?"

Maria answered with a choke, "No way, Sarah! I missed all the fun you guys had last year. I'm staying with my best friends this winter, that's for sure."

Maria now looked solemn and speechless. Sarah knew that she had asked the wrong question but she would do anything for her happiness.

She consoled her as she said," I know Maria. Don't worry. If your parents don't allow you, all of us will plead before them. They have to agree this time."

Maria's face lit up. She was wearing a green skirt with a yellow top and a pink beret on her head glowed at the intensity of the setting sun. Her chubby face was as pink as a rose.

Maria said, "I wonder what we'll do this year. Last year you visited the zoo and the theme park, and had great parties too."

Sara replied," Well, we shall see to it tomorrow at Kai's place."

They didn't realize when they had reached their destination. Each bade goodbye and went to their respective homes.

*A/N: 'There's something different about Kai that sets him apart from the rest. You'll get to learn more about him in the following chapters. Yup, he's the main character of the story. ^^