Chapter 1

It was about two thirty in the afternoon when the school bell rang. The school children rushed out from the entrance of the school building feeling very happy and excited as it was the last day of the school for that year as the annual exams were over. Now they'll have two long months of holidays.

The last group of children that came out of the school were very joyful, but their cheeks didn't express it as they were quite extraordinarily serious. The group consisted of eight children viz. Kai, Genus, Sarah, Tea, Tom, Charles, Maria and Cynthia, all sixteen years of age. The school authorities regarded them as the prized possession of 'Broadway High School.'

Kai, deemed as the coolest guy that ever set foot in that school, was seen as the leader of the group. No one has ever seen him angry. Therefore, they don't dare to pester him. He was always composed and spoke only when necessary. He was the captain of the school soccer team.

Genus, referred as the 'Macho man' had a well built body but with a kind face. He wasn't that talkative but obviously spoke more than Kai. He was the school basketball playmaker.

Sarah, the eloquent girl, had a childlike look but no one dared to look at her for she was more intelligent than she looked. She was the head of the school literary club.

Tea, the kindest girl, one ever knew. She wouldn't wince a bit, even when she would be teased. She hated fights and always had a smile for everyone. She was really good in dancing.

Tom, was the joker of the group. He had a really funny face. Not that he wasn't handsome. But whenever anyone looked at him, he would make a funny expression. He had a personal collection of jokes in his head which no one has ever heard before. He would be the one teasing his friends but only in a playful way. He was the one who brought laughter to this otherwise serious group.

Charles, the wonder boy. He was the best in art and crafts and had quite a good taste in literature. He always had the tendency to try something new.

Maria, the fiesty girl as everyone called her, was a daredevil who wasn't scared of anything. She had fought with many boys right from childhood. She never showed her vunerable side except of course, her best friends. She was kind to her friends but she couldn't help herself getting into small fights with Tom.

Last but not the least, Cynthia, the princess. She was the sweetest girl that anyone met. She had a really sweet voice that added to her cute chubby features. She was a great singer. Her friends would always pester her to sing for them.

They were great friends, sharing each others' difficulties, problems as well as happiness. No one's richness or poverty brought disunity among them. They didn't let their social causes to break their friendship. They were Japanese..but their grand parents had moved to the US years ago. Currently, they were residing in the suburb named Seattle.

When they got out of school, they saw a big tree which provided cool shade for the weary pedestrians. It reminded them of an incident that had happened three months back. The memory was as fresh as if it had occurred the day before.

"You guys still remember?" Charles spoke up, interrupting the silence.

"Of course..." The rest joined in unison.

**

Author's Note(A/N): I hope this intro gives up a bit of details about the main characters. Lots of other stuff are gonna be revealed in the upcoming chapters.

**