Chapter 33

Hi. :}

~.~.~

"47, 48, 49, 50! Ready or not here I come!" Doniya chirped, turning around and looked around the mansion. Over the past few days her sisters and herself have fixed up the mansion. To the cracked windows, to the piles of dust above their old Nick-knacks. 

Sure it still looked a tad frightening with the darkness and loneliness looming around when you first walk in, but at least it didn't look like horror scene scrapped out of a book. 

"Oh Saffa!" She sing-songed walking up the steps and went down the corridor where their old rooms stood in pastel colors. She heard a small giggle that seemed to come from Zayn's room and she grinned walking through the artsy door. 

As soon as she stepped in her smile faltered scanning her surroundings. The bed was a mess, pillows were torn, dents in the wall, and more horrid results out of anger and sadness became evident. She recalled, every-time she would go in Zayn's room she would get this sense of happiness and creativity.

She would find her brother painting the walls while humming a song as he swayed his hips back and forth. She could see the paint splatters still stained into the floor as the only sense of happiness and color in the now dull, depressing room.

"Oh Zayn." She partially gasped when her eyes met a painting right next to his bed. She knelt on the old torn white sheets of the bed and crawled in front of the painting, tracing her fingers over it, in a such delicate manner. Like if she pressed any further the picture would smudged, but that couldn't happen since she was already dead. If anything she would go right through.

Her eyes filled with sympathy, scanned the picture that was beautifully painted by Zayn caused the ends of her lips to twitch up. It was a picture of all the people he cared about.

There was her, Waliyha, Saffa, Mom, and Dad. But Dad was scratched out with black paint splatters and Mom had a halo over her head and so did the words 'I Didn't Do It.' in Zayn's messy cursive.

"I know you didn't." She spoke softly about to get off the bed when she spotted a new character in the far corner behind the half-stuffed pillow peering out. Her hands moved the pillow and she squinted her eyes to see what looked like Zayn and someone else holding hands. 

The new character was so familiar to Doniya. She knew him from somewhere, that was a fact, but where? Her eyes narrowed into the familiar figure, as so did her head. Her thoughts were interrupted when the scattering of her little sisters steps came into hearing range.

"Oh Doniya!" Saffa squealed. "You couldn't find me! I was in your room the whole time! I win!" She walked through the door and she smiled widely. Doniya returned the smile and covered up the paintings with the pillow and shooed Saffa out of the room. "Yeah, you win! Now lets get out of here." She was about to tap Saffa's back but her hand went through, knowing Saffa did it on purpose.

The smaller girl giggled and scrammed out of the room, Doniya following behind. "Where's Wali?" 

"I don't know. I think she said she wanted to go through old photo albums or something." Saffa shrugged, realizing her doll was missing. "Dammit Louise!" Just like that, she left to look for her doll.