Chapter 26

"Hi! Is this seat taken?

"Z-Zayn?" They all rubbed their eyes harshly and blinked many times at the person at the end of the table. "Are my eyes deceiving me again?" Harry mumbled. Niall, Liam, Louis shook their heads, speechless on what to say.

Zayn stood at the end of the table with an unsure smile spread across his face. He watched their reactions, which was understandable. "Uh... Hello?" Zayn waved his hands across their faces and waited for them to snap out of their trance. "Zayn is this r-really you?" Niall reached out his hand and poked his arm. Zayn chuckled and sat down on the chair at the end of the table. 

"Yeah. It's me." He smiled and before he knew it he was in the middle of a group hug. They didn't even care how Zayn managed to come here, but they weren't going to questioned it. They were just ecstatic Zayn was back.

 "I knew I would see you again!" Louis cheered squeezing Zayn as much as he could but he was pryed off by Harry. "I missed you so much!" Zayn let out a laugh. "I missed you guys too." 

"Harry move!" Niall hauled Harry away and hugged Zayn inhaling his scent. He pulled back and Liam got his turn with a real smile on his face. Actually all of them had a genuine smile plastered across their face, it was so long since they actually smiled it almost felt foreign.

"You guys never answered my question though." Zayn grinned. Liam, Harry, Louis and Niall gave each other confused looks. "What question?" 

"The question where I asked if I could sit down." Zayn said in a playful tone. "Are you kidding me? You don't have to ask us!" Louis gasped. "Why wouldn't we want you to sit with us?" Niall smiled brightly and pointed to the chair. "I don't know." Zayn blushed, staring on the floor. Harry was the first to notice that this was the first he, anyone, has seen him blush. 

"Are you blushing?" Harry poked Zayn's cheek and noticed how his skin was tanned, unlike his old skin color where he was slightly faded and more grey like because of no blood flow. Liam swatted Harry's hand away, not wanting any part of Harry's hand touching him in any place on him. 

It's amazing how they can go to depressed to jealousy again.

"Harry! Leave his face alone!" Liam stated. Harry stuck his tongue out at Liam and sat down back on his chair, while the other followed. Zayn slowly shuffled over to the chair and sat down. The first thing he saw was Louis' drink. His eyes full of curiosity watching the white fluffy looking stuff, swirled over the brown liquid, specks of chocolate chip seen inside with a cherry on-top. 

Louis followed Zayn's eyes and smirked and moved his drink watching how Zayn's eyes followed with such curiosity, almost like a child's. "You want some?" Louis smiled at Zayn and neared the drink towards him.